We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NOTL Anniversary Dinner

Peterborough, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
NOTL Anniversary Dinner

Hello folks,

Looking for suggestions for a restaurant in NOTL for an anniversary dinner (8/19/2011 if it matters), we will be going to Shaw after so somewhere relatively close would be ideal. Would like it to be nice but not too expensive. I am not at all familiar with the area so thanks in advance to those who take the time to make suggestions!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NOTL Anniversary Dinner

Hi PaulL,

Welcome to the NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE TRAVEL FORUM.

And I see you are a Brand NEW Member of TripAdvisor… so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

First off… CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming Anniversary !!

The Niagara Region is truly a romantic destination… be it nearby Niagara Falls or Historic NOTL which is now quite certainly a prime couples get-away Destination.

As for eats…

Absolutely a TON of Restaurants in NOTL… and it is Canada’s IT DESTINATION when it comes to fine dining with 11 CAA / AAA 2011 4-Diamond Award Winners (the most in Canada for such a small place)… for more info see the topic entitled *2011 CAA / AAA Diamond Awards – Restaurants NOTL Region* = tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154999-i270-k41942…

Without knowing more about you… and your tastes and budget… it is difficult to make suggestions… “not too expensive” is a relative term… quite different for everyone (lol, Donald Trump and I certainly would have different definitions).

And also knowing how you intend to travel around (or where you are staying) might also be helpful… as things in both the Historic Town and the NOTL Wine Country which surrounds it can be spread out.

In the meantime…

I suggest that you start by browsing the NOTL RESTAURANT REVIEWS (button to the left of this screen)… to get some idea of what is available. And also as Eating / Dining is a frequent topic here on the NOTL FORUM… you can browse thru past topics… or do a FORUMS SEARCH (just type any keyword(s) into the SEARCH BOX that is found at the top of the List of Forum Topics).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS... Want to get up to speed quickly on the area... check out GOOGLE MAPS... you can "see" much in the Satellite & Street Views. Makes a great Trip Planning tool when used in conjunction with TripAdvisor.

Peterborough, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NOTL Anniversary Dinner

Thanks very much for the info, I appreciate any suggestions. To narrow it down a bit, I would hope to keep the meal at $75 for two (no alcohol), we will be travelling from Mississauga to Niagara Glen, then to Fonthill, then to dinner in NOTL, then Shaw then back to Mississauga.

3. Re: NOTL Anniversary Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake