We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay_walking distance to Queen St. (main area)

Ontario
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Place to stay_walking distance to Queen St. (main area)

First time to NOTL. Would like a nice BB, preferably with outdoor patio or deck and within walking distance to Queen St. (from what I understand this is the main area where we will find the restaurants and shops) We just do not want to worry about driving and parking. Price range about $150.

Will be staying one night. What to walk around during afternoon and visit main area, walk back to our room to freshen up and walk to a great restaurant to have great romantic dinner. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay_walking distance to Queen St. (main area)

Hi machris. If this is your first time to Niagara on the Lake then staying close to downtown will work out well for you, but I do hope you'll explore some of the area during the day if you get a chance.....and maybe visit a winery or two if that interests you. :)

The easiest way to locate a B&B to suit your needs (aside from someone here raving and recommending one) is to use the selections at the top of the Hotel guide on the Niagara on the Lake page.

There is a $ range to select as well as a location (choose the Shaw Festival and .5 miles to place yourselves right downtown. A map and list will pop up for you and allow you to read reviews and select a B&B.

Most B&B owners are happy to answer questions too if you find a B&B you're interested in but want to make sure you could arrange a room with a patio. Also, most have their own websites so google to check for prices and availability.....

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g154999-c2-Niagara_on…

Hope that helps get you started! :)

pa
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay_walking distance to Queen St. (main area)

627 on King is a great B&B which is a nice 15 minute stroll to Queen Street. Delicious breakfast is served in your room. Highly recommend it.

Ontario
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay_walking distance to Queen St. (main area)

Thank you Tobie,

That is exactly the information I needed to make my reservation.

Qb883, thank you for your response. I checked out 627 on King, but I don't think they want one nighters.

Thanks anyways.

4. Re: Place to stay_walking distance to Queen St. (main area)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake