We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many nights to dedicate to NOTL area?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How many nights to dedicate to NOTL area?

Hi all,

Sorry to keep asking so many questions! Trip planning, trip planning...

We are driving to Niagara region from Buffalo and will be driving to Toronto at the end of the week for a wedding. We will arrive in Buffalo on a Monday. Right now I am debating between spending 3 or 4 nights in NOTL versus staying 3 nights and heading to Toronto on Thursday versus Friday.

We want to tour many wineries (possibly two days and two regions), fish, hike, bike, eat well, go to spas, see the falls, visit local markets, shop , RELAX, etc. However with the wedding events going on in Toronto I am wondering if we wont get to do enough and see plenty of it with only Friday-Sunday (and most of Sunday devoted to wedding). However, this vacation is more of a get away/romantic retreat so I thought NOTL would be our main focus.

Any suggestions on number of days? We wont get bored will we?

THANKS! :) You TAs are awesome!

Kirbi

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many nights to dedicate to NOTL area?

I just re-read this and I might have sounded a bit confusing.

We will be arriving to Buffalo at Noon on Monday.

We MIGHT stay at the falls the first night, but if not we will be staying at NOTL Monday, Tues, & Wed.

So the debate is whether to stay Thursday also or head to Toronto Thursday.

If we stay 4 nights in NOTL, we will drive to Toronto Friday.

On the drive to Toronto I really would like to stop in St Jacobs or Hamilton for lunch or shopping or whatever there is to do.

The wedding rehearsal is Saturday night. Wedding in the afternoon on Sunday.

We leave the following Monday with a 6 pm flight out of Buffalo, will have to drive back from Toronto....so we have the early AM and afternoon to piddle around.

Hope that clears up what our itinerary is thus far.

THANKS AGAIN!

Kirbi

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many nights to dedicate to NOTL area?

Hi kirbi~ Since the Friday you're referring to is Canada Day, it would make much more sense to already be in Toronto for the holiday.

That means staying in Niagara on the Lake Monday till Wed. And if you're arriving in Buffalo at noon, and only spending 3 nights, then you might as well spend all of them in Niagara on the Lake which is where most of your activities are planned.

On the Thursday go by St. Jacobs if you like (2 hrs from Niagara), though a stop in Hamilton won't be worthwhile. If you get an early start I'd even visit Elora en route to Toronto (2hrs again) depending on your timing.

http://www.stjacobs.com/

http://www.elorafergus.ca/

With all the wedding festivities you do want to give Toronto a few days since there's lots to see and do there too!

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Ontario, Canada
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
3. Re: How many nights to dedicate to NOTL area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake