We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday - Day Trip

Which Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday - Day Trip

I'm trying to plan a day trip to NOTL for my girlfriend's birthday. We are both in our early 20's.

I was thinking maybe some shopping, but need some suggestions for other things to do... She's not a wine drinker, so I'm trying to look for some other suggestions of nice places to visit for her birthday.

Also are there any nice places to take a small hike to see the fall foliage?

As for lunch, I was thinking of going to the Stone Road Grille. (based on the reviews)

Thank you for any help!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday - Day Trip

Hi Weirdwing,

Welcome to the NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE TRAVEL FORUM.

And I see you are also brand new to TripAdvisor... so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

You haven’t said when you’ll be visiting (although with the reference to Fall Foliage, I assume soon).

NOTL is known most for…

*Award Winning Country Inns, Boutique Hotels and B&BS

*An assortment of Spas

*Shaw Theatre Festival (season ends October 31st)

*Interesting Shopping (Arts, Crafts, Clothing, Accessories, Homegoods etc)

*Art Galleries

*Antique Stores

*War of 1812 Sites

*Underground Railway Sites

*National Historic Sites

*Gorgeous Homes (Best collection of Victoria Architecture 1815 to 1880s)

*Ontario’s Premier Wineries (over 150 between NOTL and Stony Creek)

AND

*Amazing Eats at Restaurants with some of the Best Chefs in Canada

And of course there is always a drive thru the Vineyards & Orchards, or out to the Welland Canal, or along the Niagara Parkway to see that other BIG Attraction just down the road… and natural wonder of the world... Niagara Falls (always romantic).

For Fall Foliage a nice spot is Balls Falls Conservation Area over in Vineland… or a horseback ride along The Escarpment with Niagara Riding Stables.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

2. Re: Birthday - Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 17, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake