We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shaw Club hotel annex rooms

Which Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Shaw Club hotel annex rooms

Has anyone stayed in one of the annex rooms at the Shaw Club hotel? All the reviews of the hotel appear to be about the hotel itself, not the separate annex rooms. I'm thinking about booking one for 3 nights in July so any opinions would be great.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shaw Club hotel annex rooms

This review is on TA under the Shaw Club Hotel.....It was the only bad review I read, and the only one to mention an Annex room. You can see photos of the Annex rooms on their website:

http://www.shawclub.com/rates.htm

“Worst Hotel in NOTL”

Shaw Club Hotel

courtski

toronto

Aug 30, 2007

BEWARE---

Booked a room for one night for my birthday and ended up holed up in some annex room with a horrific forest green jacuzzi and mirrored walls. For a hotel which is supposedly modern, our room did not have an 'IPOD deck, 300 thread count sheets, or rain head showers'. Another classic example of a hotel that doesn't represent itself in an accurate manner. I have stayed at some wonderful hotels around the world, and this is the bottom of the barrel. I would rank Harbour House much higher than Shaw Club, doesnt even compare.

san diego
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shaw Club hotel annex rooms

I stayed in an annex room room last October at the Shaw Club. When I made the booking I found that the front desk was very forthright in telling me that they were not the same as the newly renovated rooms in the main hotel. They told me that the website showed an accurate picture of the rooms. I went ahead and booked the room and found it to be exactly as they said it was. The bathrooms are smaller but recently renovated and the room had a large green jacuzzi in it which I didn't mind at all (in fact we enjoyed it immensely)

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shaw Club hotel annex rooms

That review is funny. I love it when people book the cheapest room in the hotel then complain about it not being up to par with the rooms that are almost double as much.

4. Re: Shaw Club hotel annex rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake