We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving options

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Driving options

I am just tying up loose ends for our arrival on Sat to Niagara on the Lake, staying at the Britaly. We are driving from Buffalo airport and need an opinion on which route to take. Should we come in on 190 or the QEW? I can’t get a feel of scenery or driving conditions from my Google map. Would appreciate any input from the great locals who post on this sight. We are leaving from Embassy Suites on Tues to drive to NYC and assume we will cross the Peace Bridge while leaving. Thanks for your help

Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving options

I don't think it is possible to take the QEW to NOTL, even if you can - I would take the 190 to the Robert Moses Parkway, and follow that to the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls, NY and cross there, then go North to NOTL. I just did the drive to NYC - it was great - except for the mountains in the Binghampton/Scranton area....Views are beautiful....

www.niagara-usa.com

Niagara falls,Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving options

Or....you could take the 190 to the Peace Bridge in Buffalo and cross into Canada at Fort Erie.

Exit immediately and take the Scenic Niagara River Parkway from Fort Erie, along the upper River, through Niagara Falls and Park, and all the way down to Niagara on the Lake.

A great drive if you are not pressed for time.

htm
St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
246 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving options

I was thinking along the lines of Franklinda. This is definately a much longer route, but if you're looking for a scenic route, this is the best way to go. Enjoy your stay!

4. Re: Driving options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 24, 2009