We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi/shuttle from Buffalo to Niagara Falls Ontario

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of taxi/shuttle from Buffalo to Niagara Falls Ontario

Hi. I have been looking at the cost of taxi for 2 people from Buffalo airport to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls & the cheapest I can find is $130.00 per person return on the shuttle or $85 for the two of us each way by taxi.

Now I'm looking at hiring a car which I can get for $71 + $20 parking which sounds like the cheapest way to go unless someone can recommend a taxi or shuttle service that works out cheaper or similar price.

Can anyone help?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,466 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of taxi/shuttle from Buffalo to Niagara Falls Ontario

Hi Blondie59;

Niagara Falls is approx. 25 miles / 41 km from the Buffalo Niagara Int’l Airport. The average drive is approx. 35-45 minutes, plus additional time to clear Customs at the border.

These 3 factors make taxis and shuttles more on the expensive side than a usual ride.

For multiple persons travelling together, a rental car will most likely be the least expensive method.

Ensure that the car rental company notes on the rental agreement that they authorize you to take the car into Canada. You may be asked by Customs when entering Canada, or when re-entering the US, for this documentation.

Best Regards

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of taxi/shuttle from Buffalo to Niagara Falls Ontario

But how much are taxi and or shuttles from Buffalo ? Not evereybody is even qualify to rent a car and some people-like me in the past-felt uneasy about driving right after a long flight, I just wanted to relax and let somebody do the driving, why ask for unneeded problems. Sometimes cost isn't everything..first time I went to Miami, I had no desire to rent a car from the airport, that place was huge and complex, first taxi I seen, I took it, lol

Edited: 7:55 pm, May 18, 2014
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of taxi/shuttle from Buffalo to Niagara Falls Ontario

Looking this up myself, just found this page.

http://buffaloairport.com/Ground/Shuttle.aspx

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of taxi/shuttle from Buffalo to Niagara Falls Ontario

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for that link Kim S.

Stillsmoking we are only flying in from New York so an hour drive won't be a problem. However as we come from Australia not keen on driving on other side of road. Have done it on the North Shore of Oahu but there wasn't much traffic & one lane roads made it easier.

What are the roads & traffic like from Buffalo to Niagara?

Still undecided what to do.

Also thinking about hiring a car to drive from Orlando to Miami but the comment about Miami has put me off that option.

Still deciding what to do.

NIagara Falls...
Level Contributor
815 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of taxi/shuttle from Buffalo to Niagara Falls Ontario

I'd book Niagara Air Bus. On time-guaranteed is their motto.

They're very reliable.

On the other hand, the highways to and from are 4 lane freeways for the most part, but summertime traffic in Niagara Falls can be difficult.

People from all over the world come here and rent cars and have no idea where they're going, so be aware you'll be in good company, but it's a bit more dangerous and the tourism district contains several high-collision intersections which are even posted as such.

I visit Jamaica every year and would never drive there on the "wrong" side of the road.

But your mileage may vary.

6. Re: Cost of taxi/shuttle from Buffalo to Niagara Falls Ontario

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, May 21, 2015