We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need transportation advise...

5 posts
Save Topic
Need transportation advise...

We are a family of 4 - 2 adults n 2 kids (aged 6 and 12). We are going New York in the 2nd week of oct for 5 days, then take a plane to Niagara Falls for a night. From what I read here, it seems that it will be better to stay at Canada side. We are planning to stay at Marriott hotel.

We will be going to los angeles after niagara falls so we have 4 luggages with us. Would like to ask will it be difficult for us to get a taxi to go to Marriott hotel from Buffalo airport as we have so many luggages? what is the estimated cost? Or it would be better for us to stay at a hotel in US side?

What about the way back to the buffalo airport - easy to get a cab?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need transportation advise...

How do I get from / to the area Airports ? tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154998-s301/Niagara-…

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,570 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need transportation advise...

You don't say where you are from. (If you put that in your profile, it will help when answering your questions)

U.S. citizens 16 and over require passports to cross the border. Under 16 require birth certificates.

Citizens from other countries may or may not require visas to enter Canada. http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/visit/visas.asp

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need transportation advise...

Just pre book a cab. Lots of cross border cab companies on the buffalo airport website

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
784 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need transportation advise...

Seems like you are staying in Buffalo, which is about a half hour drive from Niagara Falls....you can do a day trip to the Falls, I would say going to the Canadian side is better...if you are staying in Buffalo, I'd stay there rather than Ft. Erie....if you are coming up to the Falls, then I would say, stay in Canada...

5. Re: Need transportation advise...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 08, 2015