We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagra Falls in May 2014

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Niagra Falls in May 2014

We're planning a trip for our anniversary in May. Is the enough to do in the Niagra Falls area to spend a week there?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,061 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagra Falls in May 2014

This traveller article lists some things to do in the area. Only you can know what you WOULD do. Will you do all of the atractions? Do you like wine? Do you golf? Will you hike? Do you like historical site?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154998-c197834/Niaga…

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Niagra Falls in May 2014

Personally if it were me, I wouldn't spend a whole week in Niagara. You could divide your week, spending a few days there (see the falls, some wineries, etc) and a few days at another destination in Ontario. Toronto would be the obvious one if you like big city attractions, and there are plenty of options if you'd prefer nature/scenery/outdoorsy stuff.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Niagra Falls in May 2014

We're early 61 & 64. I quit wasting time on the golf course 10 years ago! We go to Jackson/Yellowstone to snowmobile, so we like to "do things." Are there enough things to do for a whole week?

I like to eat & want to try a beef on 'weck will we're there,

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,149 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Niagra Falls in May 2014

Look at the list provided in post #1 and decide if there are enough things to "do" for your needs.

A week is a long time to spend in Niagara Falls .... as suggested you might consider a side trip for a few days to Toronto ... which should have enough things for you to do...

And what is beef on "weck"???

You need to give us an idea of what things you like to do...

Edited: 5:32 pm, February 11, 2014
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,061 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Niagra Falls in May 2014

Yup, there are all kinds of 'things' to do here.

Beef on weck is a Buffalo/Western New York specialty. I doubt if you'd ever find one here.

Rowley...
Level Contributor
56 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Niagra Falls in May 2014

My husband & I are also considering celebrating our 35th anniversary in Niagara in May. We enjoy outdoor activities (no golf), enjoy wine & good food. We were planning to spend a week. I am concerned that phpr says that a week in Niagara is too long. Here is my tentative itinerary:

Day 1 - visit the falls - take a boat ride or walk under the falls, go shopping in Niagara

Day 2 - spend the day visiting vineyards

Day 3.- visit the bird kingdom and walk on a nature trail

Day 4- Explore Niagara-on-the-Lake

Day 5 - Visit the Botanical gardens & the butterfly sanctuary

Day 6 - Picnic at Queen Victoria Park.

Day 7 - travel day

Does this schedule seem that we won't have enough to do? Any other suggestions given our interests?

Thank you for your comments.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Niagra Falls in May 2014

Celticmood, please start a new thread rather than tacking your question onto an existing one. It confuses the thread when there are multiple discussions on it.

Rowley...
Level Contributor
56 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Niagra Falls in May 2014

I apologize. I thought our questions were quite similar in time and place which is why I posted in the same thread.

9. Re: Niagra Falls in May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 14, 2015