We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice the best way to get to niagara falls canada.

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
somewhere
8 posts
Save Topic
Advice the best way to get to niagara falls canada.

I just found out it take over 8 hours to go to Ny falls by amtrak thats too long.And i want to go to the canada side what is the best way to get there?thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,838 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice the best way to get to niagara falls canada.

Hi babe ~

Please find all this information in the Top Questions to the right side of this page. The short cut is the following link:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154998-s301/Niagara-…

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice the best way to get to niagara falls canada.

It sounds about right from "somewhere".

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice the best way to get to niagara falls canada.

Fly into Buffalo NY and take a shuttle bus to Niagara Canada, it be the quickest if you live near a airport that flies nonstop to Buffalo-many do. That or rent a car-drive but if the train is 8 hours, it be least 6-7 hours driving and if the train is nonstop maybe longer

Edited: 5:56 pm, October 10, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice the best way to get to niagara falls canada.

How long did you think the train would take from NYC?? You could also drive....

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
14,971 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice the best way to get to niagara falls canada.

490 miles is 9 hours of driving according to Mapquest's two suggested routes from NYC to Niagara Ont. The train will get you there sooner. What's your hurry?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice the best way to get to niagara falls canada.

There are many modes of transport.....car, bus, train, plane, ox cart. You choose.

I'd say flying is best.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice the best way to get to niagara falls canada.

I rather take the bus, its way slower but much cheaper and no TSA hassles, just stand in a short line-if that-and get on the bus and kickback. Biggest turn off for me is taking a bicycle along isn't possible on Mega Bus and Greyhound wants it pack in a bag and extra fees to bring it.

So driving works better for me. Sometimes my car is so loaded, its a good thing I travel solo. Guess why those SUV's are popular but they seem so top heavy and unsafe, IMO Yeah, in a crash they might be safer then many cars but cars are easier to steer and brake, IMO

Edited: 7:07 pm, October 12, 2013
8. Re: Advice the best way to get to niagara falls canada.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 14, 2014