We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shall I get off the train at US side or Canada side?

Melbourne, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Shall I get off the train at US side or Canada side?

I am on Amtrack train now towards Niagara falls, and I will stay in Marriott Canada for one night and catch flight back tomorrow afternoon. Shall I get off the train from US side or Canada side?

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,215 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shall I get off the train at US side or Canada side?

From either station, you will need a taxi to your hotel. If you stay on to the Canadian side, it will take about 2 hours extra while the entire train clears Canadian Customs. If you don't mind a bit extra in cab fare, getting off on the U.S. side will give you extra time.

Melbourne, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shall I get off the train at US side or Canada side?

Thank you very much for the useful information. I will definitely get off on US side to save the time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,168 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shall I get off the train at US side or Canada side?

That's great info Fallsdude

4. Re: Shall I get off the train at US side or Canada side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 05, 2014