We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

Hi I will be arriving on the afternoon of Wed., Aug 28th and would like to purchase an adventure pass for my husband and myself while I am there. We will not be doing the attractions until Thurs and Fri. Does anyone know if I can I go ahead and purchase the adventure passes on Wed afternoon and set up times to do the attractions that require times for the following day or do I have to wait until Thurs to buy the pass and set the times up? We would like to be able to go ahead and utilize the WeGo bus Wed night? Is that possible?

Also if we start using the WeGo bus on Wed evening (say 6pm) when will it expire?

Another question... We are going to walk across the rainbow bridge and do the american side one day. Does anyone know the best stop (WeGo) to get off of that is close to the bridge to walk across? We are coming from one of the fallsview hotels and I don't know if we will walk the whole thing and we do not have a car. Is there a trolley or tram once we get to the American side and if so do you know how far from the bridge and where it is located?

I know I asked quite a few questions but just trying to make sure I understand before I get there. Many thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Wego
Wego
1,503 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,624 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

Not sure about setting times for future days but, you don't HAVE to set specific times for the attractions. You can just show up and wait until there is an opening, which shouldn't be too long during the week (in fact, Maid of the Mist is first come-first served anyway). That way, you could do things at your leisure, since the passes are good for the entire year. The WEGO pass is good for 48 hours after the first use, so if you use it Wed. night, it will be good until Thurs. night.

The closest WEGO stop to the Rainbow Bridge is Sheraton on the Falls, right at the bridge entrance. On the U.S. side, the entrance to the State Park is right at the bridge, and the Trolley goes right past there.

Mentioned in this post
Maid of the Mist
Maid of the Mist
4,232 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Wego
Wego
1,503 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Rainbow Bridge
Rainbow Bridge
1,493 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Sheraton on the Falls Hotel
Sheraton on the Falls...
7,554 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
787 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

48 hours or 24 hours fallsdude??

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

What do you plan on doing on the American side? Once you cross the bridge the State Park is right there. It's about 1 mile from the base of the bridge to the furthest edge of the park at Terrapin Point. As mentioned the Trolley rolls right by the bridge.

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

Many Many thanks.... I actually found a link to ask the Niagara Parks service right after I posted this. I thought I would post their response... the part about the length of time you can use bus ticket was something new.

We would be happy to help. First, the Niagara Falls Adventure Pass is not tied to a specific date. You can purchase online today and redeem whenever you wish. Once redeemed at one of our Welcome Centres, you will receive your Adventure Pass scan card, lanyards, map and coupons. This also allows access to the WEGO bus system. You can spread out your attraction admissions over as many days as you like—they will never expire.

For WEGO, the 48-hour timer begins when you first scan your card on a WEGO bus; however, the card will remain valid until the end of the calendar date on which the 48-hours expires. So, if you were to use the WEGO on Wednesday night at 6:00 PM, it would expire on Friday at 11:59 p.m. This is to allow for minor scheduling problems with our visitors, so they aren’t left stranded somewhere.

Note that if you are just arriving and want to ride WEGO but have not yet redeemed your printed, online ticket, you can still show this printed voucher to a WEGO driver in order to ride to the nearest redemption point. For example, from your hotel to a Welcome Centre.

You can reserve times for each attraction when you redeem your online ticket. Our in-park staff can help you estimate times and make the most of your stay.

Just thought I would post it for future reference.

Again thanks for the help!

Mentioned in this post
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
26,826 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Wego
Wego
1,503 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,624 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

The Adventure Pass includes a 48 hour WEGO pass.

Mentioned in this post
Wego
Wego
1,503 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

On the American side i would like to do the observation tower, Cave of Winds, see Goat Island and 3 Sister Island. Maybe grab lunch somehwere if there is anywhere to eat in the park??? Any idea how long I should expect to be at the park?

thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
787 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

THere is a snack bar in the park, it has pizza and fries, lota of deep fried options and a bit on the pricey side.....I'd eat before hand on the Canadian side, IMO....

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

Yep, eat before hand or bring a lunch. Its pretty disappointing on the NY side-expect for the lovely state park. There are places like tgi fridays but the few times I have look to have lunch, nobody was inside eating, just the staff sitting around waiting for customers. An hour later on the Canadian side, that tgi fridays was busy-busy, prices a little more but the kitchen was up and running full steam.

I visit the US side for the state park and cheaper gas if I drive the car across.

Edited: 5:44 pm, August 21, 2013
9. Re: Questions about Adventure Pass and Rainbow Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 23, 2014