We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay on US side, but visit Canada side?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hanalei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
295 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Stay on US side, but visit Canada side?

I keep hearing that the Canada side of the Falls is a better option in terms of beauty and things to do. However, I can get a room at the NY Sheraton on the Falls for $49. I don't have a good grasp of distance and travel times, but would it make sense to stay at the Sheraton but drive over to the Canada side for the day? I hear that the border crossing can be long, but isn't always too bad. Are there any tour busses that go between the two areas?

thanks!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
16,671 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Stay on US side, but visit Canada side?

Well ... you might get run down by Canadian bargain hunters heading to the outlet mall...LOL...

but I would agree that DanielB's description is somewhat exaggerated.

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
614 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Stay on US side, but visit Canada side?

Also if you are getting that good rate on the US side, you will pay way more on our side. With it being the season you will have to stay way up on Lundy's Lane, pay for parking everywhere you drive to. You will end up spending most of your time around the Fallsview area and Clifton Hill area. So paying $100+ a night just to stay on our side? In winter and fall ok, but spring and summer? Walking across is nothing, have your passport handy and away you go.

13. Re: Stay on US side, but visit Canada side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 16, 2014