We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Acccommodation

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Acccommodation

Any suggestions on the best hotel to stay at Niagara Falls. I have the Renaissance Fallsview booked, is this hotel ok?? Also does anyone know how easy it is to get back into the States after visiting Canada?

Mentioned in this post
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
26,822 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Canada
Canada
North America
St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Acccommodation

Have you read the reviews on the Renaissance? They could give you a good idea of what everyone thought of the hotel:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154998-d185614…

As far as getting in/out of the states, I have no idea as I've never gone over the border. Maybe trying calling the customs office? Generally all you need is a birth certificate & drivers licence (or a gov't photo ID)

Ontario, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Acccommodation

Hi,

We haven't tried the Renaissance, but our fave is the Sheraton-on-the-Falls.

Also, we have crossed the border back and forth many times with no hassles at all. You may just want to find out your spending allowances/purchases for your time of travel.

Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Sheraton on the Falls Hotel
Sheraton on the Falls...
7,554 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Acccommodation

I am Canadian with a Canadian passport but my wife is British and has a British (jersey) passport. we went over from Niagara Falls Ont to Niagara Falls NY and they made her fill something out then pay $10 for a day visa type thing, (on US side)don't know if it has changed but it was a hassle even coming back over to Canadian side as the Canada customs dudes were asking her all kinds of questions and kept the visa thing the US gave her, my buddies brother works for customs on the rainbow bridge and said he had no right to keep it. Even Canada customs can be a pain sometimes. If your passports are all in order then you should have no problem at all. When my British brother in law used to visit we would take him across to the states and when the customs in US asked our citizenship we would all say Canadian and even my bro in law would try putting on a Canadian accent and say Canadian and we would be on our way, in a car is so much easier crossing the border than on foot!

Mentioned in this post
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
26,822 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Canada
Canada
North America
Niagara
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Acccommodation

I've stayed at the Ren. It was great.

Very nice. Luxury and class. Service was great.

They have built a hotel in front of it though and the view might not be what it once was. You might have to look at the back of another hotel.

Specify that you require a room with a view of the falls if that is what you want. This way if the view is not what you want you can be compensated.