We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown, Oakes or Sheraton

upstate NY
Level Contributor
147 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Crown, Oakes or Sheraton

Would like to stay a night the end of May. Have a 13 yr old with us and plan on doing Clifton Hill and the falls. Want a falls view room to see the fireworks.

Out of the 3 I listed, which would be your choice? Do they all charge the same for parking?

Water park is not on the list as she is doing that this month.

Thanks

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
679 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown, Oakes or Sheraton

Hello,

Since you plan on doing the activities on Clifton Hill, I'd recommend either the Sheraton on the Falls or the Crowne Plaza. Both are at the bottom of Clifton Hill and will give great views of the fireworks. Just make sure you reserve a Fallsview room. You will also be very close to the American Falls and the Maid of the Mist. The Horseshoe Falls will be a nice short walk along the Parkway.

In deciding between the Crowne or Sheraton on the Falls, I'd choose the Sheraton. I believe that all of the Fallsview rooms at the Sheraton on the Falls have a French balcony. It's not a balcony that you can step out onto but it would be nice to open the balcony door and let in fresh air and the sounds of the Falls. If you go for a Canadian Falls Corner Suite, in addition to three French balconies (one on each wall of windows in the suite and one in the bathroom) you also have a nice walkout balcony on the corner. The Sheraton on the Falls is the only Fallsview hotel to have the amenity of a walkout balcony.

I'm not sure about parking for each but I'd be surprised if any is much cheaper than the other.

Enjoy your trip to the Falls!

Edited: 2:12 pm, April 08, 2013
jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown, Oakes or Sheraton

I agree with the above post, parking will no less then $20.00 per day

Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown, Oakes or Sheraton

Definitely sheraton or the crowne if doing clifton hill - the oakes is a bit of a walk. Ive personally stayed at the sheraton and literally steps away from the falls and clifton hill, so location-wise it is your best bet :)

4. Re: Crown, Oakes or Sheraton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 10, 2014