We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would Like To Take Some Winter Pictures

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Would Like To Take Some Winter Pictures

I am curious as to how long of a walk it would take to go along the Parkway from the Bus Terminal to the Falls area? I want to go for the day next week sometime to take some winter pictures before the spring thaw. Was thinking that the gorge would look nice with the ice formed on it walking along the Parkway. Would like to take the Journey Behind The Falls to get some winter pics as well. I can get Greyhound or Megabus/Coach Canada for $25-$30 return. I can also get the Coach Canada Fallsview bus for $12 return, thing is they say no baggage or backpacks and if I go to the Hard Rock for lunch and grab some stuff from there, not sure if that will violate the policy.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,122 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would Like To Take Some Winter Pictures

Hi Vegas2007;

The bus terminal is about 2 miles / 3km from the Falls.

Best Regards

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,728 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would Like To Take Some Winter Pictures

That section of the river doesn't have any ice buildup, it's too fast. The area from the Horseshoe Falls to the Rainbow Bridge is where the ice bridge forms, and every tree, building, sculpture, etc. around the Falls is covered in ice from the mist.

The GoBus has a stop at the corner of Hwy 420 and Stanley Ave., which is about a mile from the bottom of Clifton Hill, half the distance from the bus terminal.

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would Like To Take Some Winter Pictures

Thank you for the info. I will grab one of the buses to Clifton Hill. I figure I will probably end up buying a few things so taking the Fallsview bus would not work.

4. Re: Would Like To Take Some Winter Pictures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls