We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

Reporting live from Niagara Falls !

Had to go to Canada to drop off a package--had to be in person and I was just 2 hours away from Niagara so I said why not, and here I am for a couple of nights.

I recall reading about an snowy white owl hanging out near the new St. Catharines hospital but I went on Google and it said it was on 4st off exit 51 of the QEW--its all wine country out there, there isn't no new hospital.

Anybody know where about it is ? Thanks

niagarafallsreview.ca/2013/01/04/dont-harass…

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

Hi SS.

Take the QEW towards Toronto.

Take exit 48 for Martindale Rd/Regional Road 38 (that exit is near HWY 406)

Turn right on Martindale Road/Regional Road 38 and continue until you hit Fourth Street/Regional Road 77. Make a right on Fourth Street. The new hospital is located there.

Good luck!

Edited: 5:26 pm, February 20, 2013
Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
591 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

The hospital's website lists the new address as 1200 Fourth Avenue, St. Catharines, ON L2S 0A9.

Lucky you being in Niagara!!

Hope you see the owl!

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
591 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

Lol, krustytripper gave you directions while I was writing my reply and looking up the address. Hope the address I gave isn't different from where krustytripper sent you.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

Yes, I too hope you see it. It's quite a rare thing. They say usually one Snowy will make an appearance in the Niagara region each year but what makes this one rare is how long it's been hanging around. SS, you'll probably see a lot of cars there. Birdwatchers are a crazy breed. Some will come from 100's of miles for such a sighting.

PS - when I first read the heading I thought your were talking about a new bar or restaurant....lol.

Hi Wendy and Tom...I think you gave the same directions as me. It's located on Fourth.

Edited: 5:45 pm, February 20, 2013
detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

I was freaken there but I hung a left and not a right turn, duh

I check it out when I leave on Sat--too far to go back for a maybe it be there, maybe not

I gave up cause it was so vacant around there I thought they aren't building a new hospital around there. Why not closer to the freeway ? Well anyways, I guess they feel the city growth will catch up in 5--10years

Edited: 7:53 pm, February 20, 2013
detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

Hold on, I meant I turn right and not left.been a long day

NIagara Falls...
Level Contributor
815 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

Politics can sometimes dictate the location of things like hospitals.

St. Catharines can't grow much more unless the urban boundaries are changed.

They're plum out of housing land.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

The growth rate has been pretty stagnant in St. Catharines for quite a few years since it's economy wouldn't be considered vibrant these days. GM really hurt St. Kits as it has continued to struggle since the 80's.

Edited: 9:46 am, February 22, 2013
9. Re: Where is the Snowy Owl in St Cat.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 24, 2014