We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainforest Cafe or Pinnacle Restaurant?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
754 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Rainforest Cafe or Pinnacle Restaurant?

Hello,

Six of us, four adults and two 7 year old boys will be in Niagara Falls the first week of June. I had planned on having Lunch one day at the Rainforest Cafe but I found this special on VacationsMadeEasy.com and wondered how it compares? Which one would you choose? I understand the Pinnacle was made over by Food TV's Restaurant Makeover in 2005. As far as the Rainforest Cafe I've heard that it was expensive and the food average. Although the whole jungle theme sounds cool.

Pinnacle Restaurant - Minolta Tower

Adult VIP Luncheon - $24.45

Served between 11:30 AM - 3:30 PM Choose between: 6 oz Charbroiled NY Strip loin Steak with Sauteed Mushrooms & Crispy Fried Onions or 6 oz Boneless Grain Fed Chicken Breast with Veloute Mushroom Sauce or 6 oz Roasted Atlantic Salmon with Teriyaki Glaze & Julienne Vegetable Nest. All Luncheons Include: Pinnacle Market Greens with House Dressing, Chef's Choice of Potato, Garden Fresh Vegetables, Dinner Rolls, Dessert, Coffee, Tea, or Soft Drink. Prices include escalation of the tower and free entrance to the Observation Deck.

Kids VIP Luncheon - $13.53

Children ages 12 and under. Lunch served from 11:30 AM - 10 PM Choice of: Pasta of the Day or Golden Battered Fish or Charbroiled Burger or Chicken Fingers, served with Crispy Fries, Veggies, Soft Drink and Ice Cream. Prices include escalation of the tower and free entrance to the Observation Deck.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Ron

Saxonburg

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainforest Cafe or Pinnacle Restaurant?

I've never been to the Pinnacle, but it sounds like you would get more value for your money. I'm not a fan of the menu at the Rainforest Cafe- I find it overpriced and below average food.

The Rainforest Cafe does have a gift shop that is open to the public (it's at the front of the restaurant) so you can walk in and see the animatronic animals and the fish tanks, etc. One option is just to go for dessert or appetizers. It is a fun place to check out, but you don't need to have a meal there to enjoy it.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainforest Cafe or Pinnacle Restaurant?

hi there! i just wanted to throw my two cents in here. The rainforest cafe is fun, but if you're going with kids, it's a nice place, a little cheesey. I went there with my boyfriend at the beginning of April and it was alright. All the food up there is WAY overrpiced, and it took the waiter like 10 minutes to even address us. The service was slow, and for just the two of us it was almost $65 and we didn't order drinks, just got hamburgers and an appetizer. The waiter was nice and even said i had a beautiful smile while my boyfriend was in the bathroom....lol let's just say he got a nice tip! it's fun if you have kids, but beware cause if you haven't taken them there before, some of the kids were crying because of the little animatronics show they do every 15 minutes scared them. All in all, it's pretty fun, get the volcano and share it with the kids :)

Missouri
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainforest Cafe or Pinnacle Restaurant?

Another person not fond of Rainforest Cafe!!! Went 11 years ago, was not impressed with food or prices, and will never return.

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainforest Cafe or Pinnacle Restaurant?

Hi Ron

I've been dying to try the Pinnacle..looks good:)

Please post how it was, if you decide to go...Thanks

niagara region
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainforest Cafe or Pinnacle Restaurant?

Pinnacle is likely way better value from what I hear. AMAZING view too

Calif
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainforest Cafe or Pinnacle Restaurant?

HI

That menu at the Pinnacle looks great. Do you know if you need to have advanced reservations to take advantage of this luncheon? I would love to hear more when you return.

Have Fun

7. Re: Rainforest Cafe or Pinnacle Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls