We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Park

New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Water Park

I am planning on bringing my 12 yr. old grandson to Canada from upstate N.Y. in July for a few days. I want him to see the falls and know how much he likes water parks. Are there any of these type of entertainments in the area? Is most everything handicap-accessable? I use a walker for short distances and also have an electric wheelchair for extended walking so I can keep up with him and do everything he enjoys. This trip is very important to me as he is getting older and I want to cherish and make special every summer I have with him. Any suggestions anyone has to entertain this 12 yr. old will be apprecisted. We will be driving into Canada from Interstate 81 North,after that I will be lost. I have been to the Falls and Gananoque(spelling)?,but it was many years ago and I wasn't driving. So this will be an adventure for both of us. But,I loved Canada. It looked so clean and peaceful!

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Park

hello ...there are 2 brand new ,,,just opened water parks in niagara falls....one is the great wolf lodge this is a hotel and water park all in one they have a web site ,,, www.greatwolflodge.com....or do a goggle search ,,,,the other is in the finial construction phase and is opening this summer ,,,,it's at what was once known as maple leaf village ,,it's locted between the sheraton fox head hotel ,,and the sheraton fallsview hotel,,,as for driving to niagara falls i'm not sure where your located but taking the I90 west to Buffalo might be the way to go ,,,,,,

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Park

p.s. ,,,all establishments in ontario must be handicapped accessable ..

Niagara falls,Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Park

Be aware you must be a guest at the new Wolf Lodge to use their waterpark.

zoy
Niagara Falls
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Park

How about a jet boat tour? Your children will get soaked. You can find info on this at landmarktours.ca

Hope that helps.

Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Park

There's also Club Americana, which is a hotel and waterpark, combined. It's a little less expensive than Great Wolf Lodge, although it is smaller. Their website is www.americananiagara.com. As for other things to entertain him, Clifton Hill would probably be a 12-year old's dream come true. (It's the big crazy main street that overlooks the Falls). There's loads of arcade-type places and amusement centres to wander into. Very touristy and can be expensive, but he'll probably love it.

Good for you, for spending this very important time with him!

Have fun!!

ontario
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Park

Other than the Great Wolf Lodge, there is the Fallsview Waterpark that has a indoor waterpark. It is connected to 3 major hotels right in the downtown core of Niagara Falls. The Fallsview was to be opening as of May 1. Try the fallsviewwaterpark.com website, they have good specials on right now. I think being close to downtown area would be great for a 12 yr. old, lots to do and alot of action.

Rochester, NY
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Park

If you are travelling with your grandson and not his parents, you will need a notorized letter signed by both parents to cross the border. (You ***MAY*** also need yours/and his birth certificates and/or passports)

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Park

So which waterpark to choose now :::: Great Wolf Lodge or Fallsview Water Park.

Anyone know which is the best one ???

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Park

Forgot to mention.......... price is not a factor, as I just want the best park !

ontario
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water Park

Warminup: Just returned from GreatWolf Lodge with 4 children :

2 - 12 year olds and 2 -10 year olds. Although they had a fun time, they admitted the Waterpark was geared toward a younger age group. There are 3 tube rides that they loved. One was a water coaster ride that sits three in a tube, a larger 4 seater family tube ride and the toilet bowl tube ride that is either a single or double tube ride. The tree fort has alot of water features and 2 very slow body slides good for the younger kids. There are 3 other tube rides , small lazy river , lilly pad crossing, activity pool with basket ball nets and floating beavers, snakes, etc to play on and wave pool. For the wee ones there is a seperate area with small water slides and a fun play area.

We talked to a family that had been to the Fallsview Waterpark and they said that the slides there were more daring but the waterpark atmosphere wasn't as nice as the Wolf Lodge. So it all depends what age group you are looking for. Have fun wherever you decide to go!!