We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medium priced hotel suggestion

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Albany, Ohio...
1 post
Save Topic
Medium priced hotel suggestion

My mother and I are taking my 17 year old daughter and her 17 year old friend to the Falls Labor Day weekend. We would like to do fallsview, but the cost seems more than we really want to pay. Can someone suggest some medium-priced hotels that are between that Clifton Hill area up to where the horseshoe falls end is? On like the strip there, but doesnt have to have a fallsview necessarily? Thanks.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,466 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medium priced hotel suggestion

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Joanie;

Just a reminder…citizens of the United States require one of the following to cross the border by land.

• U.S. Passport

• U.S. Passport Card

• Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL)

• Trusted Traveler Program Card

Kids 15 and under just need their birth certificates.

For complete details;

http://www.knowyourborder.gov/

Regarding your daughter's friend...

From the Canadian Border Services Agency’s website;

cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/…s1x2

“Bringing children into Canada

Border services officers are on alert for children who need protection. Children under the age of 18 are classified as minors and are subject to the same entry requirements as any other visitor to Canada.

We will conduct a more detailed examination of minors entering Canada without proper identification or those travelling in the company of adults other than their parents or legal guardian(s). This additional scrutiny helps ensure the safety of the children.

Minors travelling alone must have proof of citizenship and a letter from both parents detailing the length of stay, providing the parents’ telephone number and authorizing the person waiting for them to take care of them while they are in Canada.

If you are travelling with minors, you must carry proper identification for each child such as a birth certificate, passport, citizenship card, permanent resident card or Certificate of Indian Status.

Sample Letters from Foreign Affairs Canada;

voyage.gc.ca/preparation_information/consent…

It is not a requirement, but I would suggest having the letters notarized.

Not on the strip, but a short distance away, I would suggest staying at the Country Inn & Suites, which has been designated the Travellers' Choice award for 2012, for families.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154998-d660670-…

Clifton Hill is about 5 minutes away, and the Maid of the Mist about another 5 minutes away.

Best Regards

2. Re: Medium priced hotel suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 21, 2013