We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

I've been to Niagara Falls 3 times before, but am going again in June with my best friend, this will be her first time. We're looking for a nice hotel, close to the falls, as we won't have a car, but nothing too expensive, we're willing to pay up to about £75 ($120ca) per night, and were wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Many thanks,

Steph.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay?

Thank you for the advice, no my friend is the same age, we'll definitely look into that. We had to look into thus earlier in the year when we went to New York. Thanks for reminding me about it.

Steph.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay?

Everything is very expensive for July 4th weekend ($250 and up). Is there a nice town close by where we could stay ?

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,214 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay?

discgolfbeth,

there are 15,000 rooms in Niagara Falls, in all price ranges. The large Fallsview hotels are the most expensive with rates decreasing the farther away from the Falls you get. A quick search on expedia turned up many places under $150, mostly on Lundy's Lane or on the Parkway, north of the Falls. All of these places are not walkabl;e to the Falls, but are on the Falls Shuttle route which, for $6 a day (kids under 12 free), will get you around very easily without having to worry about parking.

To stay in nearby cities won't be any cheaper, you will have to drive every day, and parking around the Falls is hard to come by and expensive (probablt $15-$25 for a holiday weekend).

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay?

Jmat, thank you so much for the advice. I e-mailed both of the hotels directly, and they're both assured me that it'll be fine if it's just the 2 of us, and we let them know when we make our reservation.

Thanks again for the help,

Steph.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to stay?

TO STEPHJ91,

Well that certainly is good news (and a relief for you no doubt).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

=== === ===

TO DISCGOLFBETH,

Agree with my colleague RESCUE TEAM… you will do best IF you can find something in Niagara Falls vs staying farther afield… with 15,000 Rooms there is something for everyone. You just might have to look quite a bit to find something available in your price range… and when you do find something suitable BOOK IT ASAP… as you will be here on the BUSIEST WEEKEND of the year !! (Pricing will just continue to go up and up as the days count down to that weekend).

That is what I refer to as the “Birthday Weekend”… as it typically overlaps on a Weekend and kicks off with Canada`s Birthday… Canada Day on July 1st… and ends with the US Birthday… Independence Day on July 4th… combining with the fact that there are lots and lots of Travellers holidaying then (Ontario Kiddies get out of school… in the days before). It is certainly hectic… but also one of the best times to be in Niagara Falls… lol, which is why so many folks visit then.

Staying outside of the immediate area as you suggest is certainly do-able… but it does present quite a hassle and expense in regards to commuting, parking, etc. Much better to just be in Niagara Falls itself… everywhere else and you`ll be looking at a 30 Minute Plus drive to The Falls & attractions.

NOTE - And the idea of staying in NF NY can also be riddled with issues... as The Rainbow Bridge can be extremely busy that weekend with LONG line ups to go thru Customs.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Where to stay?

TO STEPHJ91,

Well that certainly is good news (and a relief for you no doubt).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

=== === ===

TO DISCGOLFBETH,

Agree with my colleague RESCUE TEAM… you will do best IF you can find something in Niagara Falls vs staying farther afield… with 15,000 Rooms there is something for everyone. You just might have to look quite a bit to find something available in your price range… and when you do find something suitable BOOK IT ASAP… as you will be here on the BUSIEST WEEKEND of the year !! (Pricing will just continue to go up and up as the days count down to that weekend).

That is what I refer to as the “Birthday Weekend”… as it typically overlaps on a Weekend and kicks off with Canada`s Birthday… Canada Day on July 1st… and ends with the US Birthday… Independence Day on July 4th… combining with the fact that there are lots and lots of Travellers holidaying then (Ontario Kiddies get out of school… in the days before). It is certainly hectic… but also one of the best times to be in Niagara Falls… lol, which is why so many folks visit then.

Staying outside of the immediate area as you suggest is certainly do-able… but it does present quite a hassle and expense in regards to commuting, parking, etc. Much better to just be in Niagara Falls itself… everywhere else and you`ll be looking at a 30 Minute Plus drive to The Falls & attractions.

NOTE - And the idea of staying in NF NY can also be riddled with issues... as The Rainbow Bridge can be extremely busy that weekend with LONG line ups to go thru Customs.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Where to stay?

Hey guys, thanks so much for all of your help, just wanted to let you know that we decided on and booked the Doubletree for our trip.

Steph.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,035 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Where to stay?

You're Welcome, Steph !

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Where to stay?

Hi StephJ91,

You are very welcome... glad to help.

Will be looking forward to reading your Trip Report when all is said & done and get your impressions on NF as a "girlie trip"... vs the family trips you've done in the past.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

California
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Where to stay?

Any recommendations for a "fallsview" hotel? Father is celebrating his 93ed bday and walking is not an option. I thought having him see the falls through the hotel window would be nice.