We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marineland vs. African Lion Safari

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Topic
Marineland vs. African Lion Safari

This was supposed to be an inexpensive vacation but my kids have gotten involved and are very interested in both Marineland and the African Lion Safari in Hamilton. Which one would you recommend if we had to choose? What is the approximate cost for Marineland?-their website does not currently show 2006 pricing. Also, the safari's website shows it being about one hour, 15 minutes from Niagara Falls-is that pretty accurate?

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Marineland vs. African Lion Safari

been to ALS. really fun day. I'd recommend touring the animals via their bus. So much more fun with the live speaker & no damage to vehicle. Bring swim suit for the kids - they have a samll water play area. You can pack a picnic lunch, the food they have to buy is just fast food - don't think it's too costly, but everything else is pretty well free. Some of the hotels have great packages for super cheap including tickets for the park

Heard the food is outrageously priced at Marine Land.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Marineland vs. African Lion Safari

Of course everything is outrageously priced at Marineland - it's in Niagara Falls, isn't it? lol

Although I'll admit: I do still love Marineland. I still go usually once or twice a summer. It really is one of the nearest things you'll see, especially if you've never had the change to see belugas & orcas and dolphins (oh my!) up close before. And it is definitely a whole day, and whever is left of the day when you're done, you'll be too tired to do much with it, hehe.

Prices for adults is somewhere between $30-$40CDN for an adult.

1hr 15 sounds about right - Hamilton is usually about a 45min drive from Niagara, and ALS is right between Hamilton and Cambridge.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Marineland vs. African Lion Safari

PS: nearest is supposed to be neatest. hehe