We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
From Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls

We are flying into Buffalo - what is the easiest way to get to hotels on the Canadian side? There are four of us - how far is Buffalo airport from the hotels? Can you take a taxi or do you need to take a bus/shuttle?

Thanks.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,319 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls

It's not far, much closer than Toronto. There are many companies that do transfers.

You could try www.niagaraairbus.com. A trip to a Niagara Falls hotel for four people in a private limo would be about $130 total. www.buffaloairporttaxi.com would be a bit more expensive (not much) and is another option. You could also get a quote from www.diamondlimousine.com.

It's unlikely that your hotel would provide a transfer, but it's worth checking.

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls

Don't know if Hotwire is available to overseas residents, but for our upcoming trip to Niagara Falls in May I reserved a standard vehicle from Avis through Hotwire --sits 2 adults & 2 children -- for five days at $25.95 US per day for a total of $158.42 US, including taxes & fees. It shouldn't be much more for a larger vehicle.

The downside to renting a car is that most hotels in the Canadian side charge for parking.

Pickering
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: From Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls

You could stay on the US side and walk across the Peace Bridge to the Canadian side. This may not be good option if you are visiting in the winter months.

Be careful with rental vehicles - most companies won't allow them to cross the border - its better to check with them first.

I think the Days Inn is the closest hotel on the US side - they may have a shuttle.

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: From Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls

I don't know about the other car rental companies, but here is Avis' response to my inquiry:

"Whenever a U.S. vehicle enters Canada, a Canadian Non-Resident Insurance Card must be in the vehicle. (This card is provided at no charge, and is simply documentation that the car is insured.) Please advise the agent at the time of pick up at the Avis counter at the time of rental."

I imagine that most, if not all, major car rental companies follow suit.