We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap buffet breakfast????

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
cheap buffet breakfast????

Could anyone recommend a buffet breakfast in Niagara Falls. We are currently booked at the Courtyard on the 2 night package plan. With that you get the breakfast included. We are now considering staying at the Oakes...minus the meals. We want the view. We stayed there last march and did not use any of the coupons. Has anyone tried the flying saucer reestaurant? Could anyone recommend a decent buffet resaurant (not $20.00CDN) per person. I have heard that the minolta tower has one for $8.99CDN, but only on the weekends. We are staying mid-week .

thx in advance

traceylynne

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap buffet breakfast????

>> Has anyone tried the flying saucer reestaurant? <<

I had a late lunch there a couple of weeks ago.

The food was reasonably-priced and the portions were huge.

The place itself was a little jaded, I thought.

I should say the Flying Saucer is a 10 minute drive from Clifton Hill ... although we drove slowly the whole way up Lundy's Lane, looking for it.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap buffet breakfast????

TL

The Pinnacle Restaurant's web site http://niagaratower.com/breakfastmenu.htm indicates that the buffet breakfast, when available is $14.95; children $8.95. Their toll-free number: 1-800-461-2492

It's been years since I did Flying Saucer, but there was no buffet. From Snow's description, I'm uncertain that's changed.

I'm a big fan of Betty's Restaurant 8921 Sodom Rd, NF (Chippawa) ON L2E 6S6 905 295-4436. I've had buffet there, but don't recall the price or day.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap buffet breakfast????

The Flying Saucer Restaurant is just a great place for breakfast. You won't find a fancy decor or top notch fare there but it does the trick. You can't beat the price....

We always go there for breakfast because we know the food is good, fresh and with no frills pricing.

That restaurant has been there for years... a tradition almost.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap buffet breakfast????

The Flying Saucer is a great and inexpensive place to eat. It's fun too, have you ever eaten in a space ship before?!!!

Another great place to eat for b-fast or any meal is the Falls Manor Restaurant. Down a littler further on Lundy's Lane past Flying Saucer.

There is also a newer restaurant beside KFC on Lundy's Lane that advertises .99 b-fast. I haven't eaten there for b-fast but I have for dinner and it's nice.(sorry not sure what the name of it is).

Hope this helps.

cheers,

Carol Stream, IL
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap buffet breakfast????

We went to The Flying Saucer 2 out of our 3 mornings there....

Good food, great price, friendly service....it was fairly crowded both times we were there, but we didn't have to wait long.

The decor is well.....interesting...after all it is The Flying Saucer.

Have fun,

Bob T.

Niagara Falls, ON
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap buffet breakfast????

The Flying Saucer is GREAT. Wonderful waitresses and delicious food. I love the cheesiness of the atmosphere too. Very fun place to go. Try the chocolate milkshake!

Jamie

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap buffet breakfast????

Thank-You for all of the reply's You have us sold. We are going to try it when we go in December. I think now we will go for the view.

Traceylynne

Niagara Falls, ON
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap buffet breakfast????

Oh yeah and I hear the poutine is DEADLY at the Saucer! Enjoy!!

Jamie

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap buffet breakfast????

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Saucer fries!!!!!