We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

Toronto
4 posts
Save Topic
Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

I want to know where the Greyhound bus terminal is at Niagara Falls.

If it is walking distance to go to Clifton Hill and the falls.

If not, is taking a taxicab the only option, or is there a bus I could take.

ms. downtown traveller

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,661 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

Hi cdaplace2009;

The Niagara Falls DE, Fallsdude, posted this ealier in the year.

Best Regards

The bus terminal is about 2 miles / 3km from the Falls. In the summer, it could be an interesting walk along the Niagara gorge.

The bus terminal is also the city transit hub where you can get a local bus. City buses do not go into Queen Victoria Park near the Falls, but will take you to the top of Clifton Hill, from where you can then walk to the Falls. Any of bus routes 2,3,4 or 5 would work.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

I'm using info a Jan 2009 response from FallsDude for this.

The bus terminal is about 3km from the Falls... so you could walk. If so, go along the gorge (next to the river).

The Greyhound bus terminal is also the city transit hub - so you can get a local bus there. City buses will take you to the top of Clifton Hill. In particular, routes 2,3,4 or 5.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
10,048 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

I will add that during the summer, Niagara Falls Transit also operates the Falls Shuttle buses that WILL take you from the bus terminal to Clifton Hill.

niagarafalls.ca/city_hall/…falls_shuttle.pdf

4. Re: Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:15 pm, July 10, 2009
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,661 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

Oh...sure...now Fallsdude answers ;-)

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

You can not walk it if you have any luggage in my opinion unless you are just in your early 20's. Niagara buses aren't the nicest around, lol but it did get me into walking distance to my hotel for just $3.50..believe a cab would be $12 to $15.

If you have a pick between Greyhound and Coach Canada buses take Coach Canada, nicer buses by far..both will take you safety thou.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
10,048 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

Just so you know smokin', Niagara Falls Transit is in the process of replacing their whole fleet, so most of the buses on the road now are brand new.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

Well not the ones I seen this week and last week, they were bad, sorry..only worst buses I have seen were in Mexico--those pour smoke out..Niagara buses did not smoke but were old..I seen London's buses, far nicer.

I took the Go Train 2 weekends in a row to the Falls and used the shuttle bus both times. I also really got around Toronto-even used North York Transit buses along with TTC buses. I took a 12 day holiday--June 27th to July 8th and used Greyhound going up to Toronto and back.

No Niagara public transportation I wasn't too pleased with. Same with the People Mover, same hours as years past but fewer P.M. and longer wait times. One evening around 10pm I waited a half an hour by the Horseshoe Falls for that P.M. bus, it was cold with the mist of the Falls--all the benches were wet too. The taxi cabs like it thou, they keep driving around hoping somebody would hop in (if I knew it be a hal hour wait I would have). Between like 11am and 7pm the waits were much shorter but I recall years past it was always a short wait--not this year and I was in town for 4th of July weekend, prime tourist season.

NIagara Falls...
Level Contributor
815 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

We do have 4 or so brand new state of the art large buses. Yes, there are still some old ones on our streets and some "compact" buses on some routes, but in this economy; we're doing our best.

The Parks Commission has it's own set of problems with the downturn and isn't about to replace those old People Movers with new units.

Therefore; fewer on the parkway.

London
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Niagara Falls Greyhound bus terminal location

Hi, I visited for the day a few weeks ago, without luggage. Someone on here had the helpful tip of walking to the White Water Walk attraction from the Greyhound bus depot (literally a 3 minute walk) and then buying the day pass for the People Mover bus which follows a set loop all day long and comes approx every 10 mins or so. This was brilliant advice - probably more suited to people doing a day trip like me, as I needed to get back there at the end of the day for my bus. The ticket did not cost much at all (I think under $10???) and it was all very easy and I felt safe on my own. For a tourist and first time visit, the People Mover is dead easy!