We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriot FallsView/ Canadian Side

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marriot FallsView/ Canadian Side

Please, can someone tell me if their are affordable restaurants in walking distance from this hotel. I dont feel like getting ripped off with a package deal to eat breakfast or dinner at the hotel.

I appreciate all responses!

Ontario
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriot FallsView/ Canadian Side

A common question on all Niagara Falls forums. Like any tourism area, everything is over priced. Just don't eat Denny's by the Hilton. We spent over $130 buck CND for breakfast. a real rip off. Denny's on Clifton Hill is a LITTLE cheaper, so I would go there if I were you. And there is always the Golden Griddle, which is a buffet style breakfast place. It's average price there. But .... I've said it before, there is a Denny's infront of the Rainbow Bridge on the Buffalo side. Literally half the price.

As for dinner, it's the same. Very expensive. Queenston Heights diner is affordable though. It's in the Brock Monument national park, just off of the Queenston - Lewiston bridge. It has beautiful views of the river.

- Hope I helped!

- Gecko

dont worry about it
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriot FallsView/ Canadian Side

nice place to eat is the keg fallsview...i think its connected to the marriott. although it is the keg, which means its priced high. but you do get what you pay for, the food there is amazing.

everything in niagara falls is pretty much within walking distance, especially if you're staying at the marriott. there's gotta be at least 20 or 30 restaurants wthin a mile of that hotel.

its a nice walk there to anywhere. you've got your typical restauants (Friday's, Applebee, Tony Romas etc) to your pricey-er, nicer ones.

Ontario
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriot FallsView/ Canadian Side

The restaurants are over priced because they know Niagara Falls get's alot of married couples with 7 kids from Idaho or Alberta. And they know there gonna fork over the money or the kids are gonna go crazy.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriot FallsView/ Canadian Side

Get away from the tourist district - take a drive down Lundy's Lane. There are a tonne of resturants down that way that are fab & way cheaper then anything on Clifton Hill or the surrounding area.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriot FallsView/ Canadian Side

Is it possible to walk to Lundy Lane from the Marriot Fallsview? How far..very long walk? ...how many minutes? Thanks!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriot FallsView/ Canadian Side

Well my friend used to live right off Lundy's Lane (not far up - she lived right by Lundy's Lane/Drummond intersection) & it took us about 30-45min to walk - so I wouldn't recommend it.