We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

Newtown Square ,Pa
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

I hear that for a family to eat that Lundys Lanes prices are better. My question is if we drive there is it still worth it if we have to pay to park? Can we pay to park with a credit card?And if we take a bus I presume we would need canadian money to pay the fare. I didnt want to use canadian money but just use my credit card. I appreciate any helpful advice. We want to save money by eating at less expensive restaurants.

Winthrop Harbor...
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

Just came back from a stay at Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane. Most restaurants along Lundy's Lane have their own (free) parking lot like Wendy's and Burger King. Mick and Angelo's also have parking available but we usually walked the one block from our hotel as the parking lot was always packed. While down around the falls tourist area, we found plenty of $5/all day parking lots. One night we went to the Greg Frewin show (EXCELLENT!) and they gave us permission to leave our car in their lot while we walked around the Clifton Hill area that night. The following night we asked again to park there in order to view the fireworks. They were, again, most gracious. The Greg Frewin show is a family run business and just chatting with them made us feel so welcomed to their neck of the woods.

Newtown Square ,Pa
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

Thank you chocolatefrog Its good to know parking will be free at some restaurants. So I know it will definately save us to eat thier. The show sounds interesting Ill look into it. Im going with a family of five and am looking for some affordable things to do and places to eat. Thanks again!

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

The restaurants on Lundy's Lane are definately cheaper because they away from the clifton hill area. I recommend the Flying Saucer it's pretty cool especially if you have kids with you. As the other poster stated the Lundy's Lane restaurants do have their own free parking lots.

In terms of having Canadian money I would recommend having some for bus/cab fares or parking just in case you need it or if you just want to run into a convenience store and get a bottle of water or something (Why is there such an aversion to getting Canadian money?)

Have a good trip

Newtown Square ,Pa
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

Thank you lizard I apprecaite the info and will check out that restaurant.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

Almost all the hotels in the area have the pay to park, but it's in/out. Meaning you can leave & come back as many times as you want without having to pay extra (except maybe a tip for the valet)

I don't know of any resturants on Lundy's Lane where you have to pay to park..?

And I do not recommend the public transit system here. Almost all of the stops only go by one or twice an hour & you'd have to transfer - to get from one side of the city to the other often takes about an hour (argh!)

Bowmanville...
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

Hi!

Kelsey's right at the top of Clifton Hill is a reasonably priced, yummy family restaurant. And they have an outdoor patio too! With a great view of tourists walking by, and all the hustle and bustle. I'm sure they have an accommodating kids menu too, if I remember correctly. Another great place is East Side Mario's, the italian eatery, but it's on Ferry St, a little ways west. But IS a very good, well priced restaurant. There's also Swiss Chalet, McD's, Burger King, etc. OH! Be sure to stop by "The Flying Saucer" on Ferry St!!! It's a drive-in restaurant, in the form of a flying saucer!! You just pull in, flash your lights, and the waitress comes to your vehicle to take your order. OR you can go into the 'saucer' and eat in there!! The variety of food is endless: nachos (yummy!), subs, burgers/fries, pasta, etc!! Hope this helped a little. Have fun, Niagara is always a great place to go!

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

East side Mario's was pretty good but the Italian Manager? near the door who just stood around looking pretty miserable the whole time we were in there. Maybe it was all part of the act!! who knows but I wont be back.

The saucer is up on Lundy's Lane, and is a good casual place to grab some grub, the saucer fries are good. They tend to keep the same staff as I saw the same waitress working there a couple years ago as I did 20 years ago

Level Contributor
30 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

Just to let you know - East Side Mario closed this past winter.

Flying Saucer - very cool, good food, good portions

Kelsey's - great food, wonderful patio

Secret Garden - awesome view, great people and good food.

Mama Mia's - great italian food

Skylon Tower - Revolving Dining Room - expensive, great food, can't beat the view

Hope you have a great time.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking Lundys lane and Restaurants

East Side Mario's did close but it's back as Manhattan's.. I guess it's basically the same thing? iunno.