We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Niagara Falls, NY
5 posts
Save Topic
Anniversary Dinner

My girlfriend and I are both college students on the American side of the Falls. I have lived in the area my whole life and she is from eastern New York. I'm trying to plan a dual anniversary/birthday dinner in mid october. It sounds easy, right? To go to NOTL or somewhere else in the region and find somewhere to eat would be just too easy. She's a picky eater, extremely picky. The catch is that she wants me to pick, without her knowing where we are going. I know she favors Italian, and when I say "favor's", I really mean it's the only thing she likes.

I looked at the Giordano something in NOTL, but there is nothing she'll eat there. I also looked into Carpaccio but I didn't know how formal it was there (I'm looking for something formal).

So my question to all you wonderful people is what Formal, Italian Restaurant(s) are avaliable within 30 minutes of the Rainbow Bridge.

Thanks In Advance,

Eric

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Dinner

To be honest there isn't a lot of formal resturants in the area.. in fact, I can't think of any. Most people don't travel with suits/ties/dresses, so the resturants - even the nicer ones - tend to go with that.

I'm talking about Niagara Falls though.. I don't know much about Niagara on the Lake, but I assume it's a lot of the same up there.

Ontario
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Dinner

PolyWog, We meet again ;-)

Anyways nubirdman, Like PolyWog *rolls eyes* said, there isn't alot of italian restraunts in the area. Although I did find one, but It dosen't look too formal, but here is the link to all the information on it:

infoniagara.com/dining/…index.html

It does look nice though and the website says it has been there for over 40 years. They have a deal for about $22.95 Canadian per person for a full meal, which includes:

-Antipasto

-Penne or Fettucini

-Meatballs & Sausage

-Chicken Cacciatore

-House Salad

-Venetian Chicken

-Veal Cutlet with Potato

-Dessert of the Day

The restaunt is located on Clifton Hill, which is directly infront of the Rainbow bridge. But if you think it's not formal enough you could try one of the hotel restraunts, some feature italian food within there menu.

Hope I helped!

Niagara Falls, NY
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Polywog, Gecko... Thanks....

I guess I decided that I can even venture out of Niagara Falls.... I'm just looking for something memorable (and something formal and something that caters to her taste lol). Oh well, she's just a bit harder to please than I thought.

-Keep 'Em Coming

-Eric

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Dinner

I never said there wasn't any Italian resturants in the area - there are about four around the Clifton Hill area. I did say, however, there aren't a lot (if any) -formal- resturants in the area.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Hi Eric,

If you want to spend a little more time and make a fabulous gesture, why not plan for a day out?

There's an incredible spot in Skaneateles, east of Buffalo, called the Mirbeau Inn. The dining room and ambience would be perfect for a romantic occasion. ~mirbeau.com~ Have a look at the tasting menu to give you an idea what the regular menu offers as well.

It would require driving a couple hours but with wait times at the border etc. you might not be much farther ahead.

Just a thought....in addition to the other suggestions I've posted already about NOTL on the other thread.

Good luck!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Toronto might have some resturants that are a little more formal...

Kentucky
Level Contributor
28 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary Dinner

We spent the past weekend in Niagara Falls (ONT) while returning from a trip to Vermont and had a (belated) wedding anniversary dinner at "The Pinnacle", located in the Minolta/Konica Tower....what started as a quiet, adult dinner soon deteriorated into a crowded dining room, punctuated with a crying child....that notwithstanding, The Pinnacle offers one of the best views of the falls (try to get there early and ask for a Fallsview table--they go fast)....our meal was very good--however, the prices are steep and dinner for two can easily exceed $100....

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary Dinner

For the best view, the Pennincle & Skylon would have the best views.. however, neither of them are formal resturants. They are casual fine dining. Mind you, for a lot of resturants in the area, you wouldn't look silly dressing up a bit, but almost all, of not all, the resturants here are listed as 'family oriented' and 'casual dress' because of the area it is in.

Ontario
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary Dinner

A nice formal restraunt is the Watermark at the Hilton Hotel in Niagara Falls. When I was there it was very formal. Although I don't know about the food?? I was there with my husband and my son and daughter. My son ordered pizza and when they brought the pizza it looked like one of those Mccain pizza's you make in the microwave. And according to them it was top notch pizza. Maybe it was just how they made there pizza but it sure did look like the ones that come out of the box. But you still might like it there. Beautiful views of the falls.

Pittsburgh
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anniversary Dinner

I wouldn't recommend the Watermark. My husband and I ate there a few years ago and our dinner experience took over three hours. The food was good but they were tooo sloooow.

We did have a great experience at the Queenston Heights restaurant. It is located on the Niagara Parkway heading up towards NIagara on the lake. We had a delicious meal there and it was pretty affordable. We went twice and once it was so clear you could see Toronto across the lake. It's not Italian but I believe they have some pasta dishes.

Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls