We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the GM plant offer tours?

Winthrop Harbor...
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Does the GM plant offer tours?

I noticed there is a General Motors of Canada plant in the Niagara area. Does anyone know if they offer tours? I couldn't find any info on their website and I was hoping maybe one of the locals might know. I also saw a Donohue Forest Products...anyone know if tours are offered there as well? Couldn't find a website for that one. Thanks!

Hamilton
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the GM plant offer tours?

I don't think that the GM plant offers tours. A lot of plants in Ontario that used to offer tours have stopped due to accidents and skyrocketing insurance.

If you are looking for some interesting and educational tours, try the Adam Beck Power Plant or Fort George, the Niagara Parks Greenhouses and Topiary Garden, the locks on the Welland Canal (www.infoniagara.com - it is the second to last item on the list to your left) are an facinating day out or, if you find yourself by the Maid of the Mist, check out the fudge making demonstrations at Reg's Candy Kitchen.

They are all great attractions that don't get nearly as much attention as Maid of the Mist, Clifton Hill and the Aeor Car.

Winthrop Harbor...
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does the GM plant offer tours?

Thanks for the info...just thought I'd try something off the beaten path. :)

Hamilton
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does the GM plant offer tours?

No problem, chocolatefrogs

Did you see my post pertaining to your winery question?

Have a great trip!

Winthrop Harbor...
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does the GM plant offer tours?

Yes, 2moms2kids, I saw your posting. Thanks for the info. I was afraid I really opened a can a worms with my initial inquiry! Anyway, I looked up the Puddicombe Farms and it seems pretty tame all around. I'll leave it up to my travel pal (yes, we're 2 moms w/2 kids, too) for the one day we have left to fill on our 5 day itinerary). Thanks again.

Level Contributor
384 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does the GM plant offer tours?

There are many car plants in Ontario. My son on a tiur of the GM Plant in Oshiwa with his school. I didn't even know GM had a plant in Niagara. There is also a Ford plant in Oakville.