We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey! McDonald's! Burger King! How pricey?

Winthrop Harbor...
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hey! McDonald's! Burger King! How pricey?

I've read so many replies on the high cost of dining in the Falls (especially the 3.99 Denny's breakfast in the states was 12.99 at the Falls). Are the usual fast food places (KFC, Arbys etc) much higher priced as well?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hey! McDonald's! Burger King! How pricey?

Yes they are. But the price listed is in Canadian dollars so subtract about 20 % to get the US$ total . The prices come out a bit higher there. Also don't look for the "dollar menu ", etc, especially at the ones on Clifton Hill Out Lundy's lane some of the fast food joints offer the cheapy menu, although the Wendy's will be $1.39, 1.59, not .99. When I was there in November the Burger King on Lundy's Lane always offered a Whopper Jr and small fries for $2.22, which was a good deal, but in summer I don't know about this. I would not worry about fast food prices being too high. Just avoid Denny's- its well documented here about their through the roof prices.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hey! McDonald's! Burger King! How pricey?

BK & Wendy's on Clifton Hill are most exspensive (a chicken combo @ Wendy's on the hill comes to $7.01 w/ taxes instead of $5 and change), but further on McLeod or Lundy's Lane it's not too bad.

All the Wendy's in Canada have a $1.39 menu instead of a $0.99 menu (I think...)

Niagara
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hey! McDonald's! Burger King! How pricey?

Yes,go anywhere but the hill and the prices are around the same.

Winthrop Harbor...
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hey! McDonald's! Burger King! How pricey?

Thanks so much for your replies! Its good to know that we won't break the bank with the 6 of us on food alone! Thanks again :)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hey! McDonald's! Burger King! How pricey?

I just went to my local Wendy's yesterday( its been a while ) and saw that most of the .99 stuff is now 1.39 &#@*%!

Toronto
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hey! McDonald's! Burger King! How pricey?

McDonalds has a $1.79 special each day (eg. sunday = quarter pounder & cheese, monday = big extra, tuesday = big mac, wednesday=mcchicken)

Wendy's has 1.39 menu, like the 99-cent menu in the US which recently went up to 1.39.

Note that if your order is less than $4, then there is no provincial sales tax. Otherwise you get whacked for 15% by the buggers. So order your burger separately from your drink & fries, to save the tax.

Hehe, is fun being cheapskates!

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hey! McDonald's! Burger King! How pricey?

I'm a fast food junky who lived in the falls, so I've just got to put by 2 cents in. Clifton Hill fast food is indeed pricey - both Wendy's and Burger King. If you head up to Lundy's Lane, you'll get Wendy's and McDonalds at normal prices. Burger King is LL and Dorchester Rd, McDonalds is just a bit further up the Lane on the opposite side. Further still is KFC then Arby's. Participating KFCs have 2 dark meat pieces with fries for $2.22 on Tuesdays. Denny's! I had a buddy who couldn't believe his breakfast price.

Note that McD's drive-thru service is 24hrs. As well as the $1.79 special sandwich daily, you can choose to get the sandwich, fries, and drink for $3.99. That's an even better deal - if you're looking for a full meal. Again, if that's all you order, you avoid the 8% Ontario sales tax, and just pay the 7% Goods & Services tax.

For a taste of Canada, consider Harvey's. Like Wendy's, their burger combo gives you various choices, including salad. Harvey's is on LL on the same side as Burger King.