We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marriott vs. sheraton

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
14 posts
Save Topic
marriott vs. sheraton

Would appreciate any advice re. Marriott Fallsview 3rd-7th floor guaranteed FULL fallsview room vs. Sheraton Executive fallsview (doesn't specify Full fallsview) on 25th floor. Marriott

tells me they are in front of the Sheraton and have better view, even though the floor level is lower. They say the floors are different in the two hotels such that the 1st floor of the Marriott is like being on the 3rd floor of the Sheraton? Prices for family of 5 with a cot are similar. THANKS!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: marriott vs. sheraton

If you are going down Fallsview Blvd. here how it looks - on your left hand side there is the Marriott, go a bit farther down & on the left side there is the Sheraton. The Marriott *is* infront of the hotel on the other side of the road, but it doesn't obstruct the view from the Sheraton.

The only thing I can tell you other then that is that the Marriott is a newer property - the Sheraton has been here forever.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: marriott vs. sheraton

Correction, sorry - the Marriott is on the left hand side (as is the falls), the Sheraton on the right a bit further down.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marriott vs. sheraton

polywog, I could be wrong...but the Sheraton Fallsview isn't that old is it? maybe 15 years? And the top section is new

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: marriott vs. sheraton

It's definately more then 20yrs old because I remember it being there during the festival of lights, but the top section is a bit newer... maybe 7-10yrs?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marriott vs. sheraton

I did spend my honeymoon there in 1994, and it seemed new, or maybe just well kept. Wow has that end of town changed since then...