We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston to Niagara Falls

UK
1 post
Boston to Niagara Falls

Can anyone please tell me how far it is from Boston to Niagara Falls in miles and also how long it would take to get there by car

Any associated web sites would be great

Best Seller
Niagara Falls Canadian Side Tour and...
1,140 Reviews
from $109.95*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls in One Day: Deluxe...
1,188 Reviews
from $149.95*
Best Seller
Best of Niagara Falls Tour from...
836 Reviews
from $124.50*
Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Boston to Niagara Falls

Hope this helps... It is about 500 miles or 800 km from Boston to Niagara. I drove from Ottawa to Boston in one day (about 12 hours I guess) so I expect Niagara to Boston would be the same or a bit less.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
2. Re: Boston to Niagara Falls

I've driven from western Massachusetts (where I live) to Niagra Falls. I believe it was in the 6-7 hour range (but that was a few years ago and I can't remember for sure). Since you will be on interstate highway (Mass Pike to I-90, to NY Thruway), I'd guess at 8-9 hours. If the 500 miles is correct, divide that by 65 mph and you come out with 7.69. Figuring that you will be doing 65 + mph on most of the trip, with a rest stop break, 8 - 9 hours seems like a fair guess to me.

Rochester,NH
1 post
3. Re: Boston to Niagara Falls

Figure on about 8 or so hours..

I think it took me about 4 hours to get to Albany, NY and then another 4 hours to get to Niagra.. Maybe an little extra here or there.

I took 495 -> Mass Pike (90) -> and then 90 all the way through NY

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
4. Re: Boston to Niagara Falls

Attn Gill C: You're welcome!

Oakville, Ontario
11 posts
5. Re: Boston to Niagara Falls

This site gives directions:

cliftonhill.com/niagara_falls_map/…

-Kyle