We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ripley's Moving Theater and/or "Ride on the Niagra...

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ripley's Moving Theater and/or "Ride on the Niagra...

I was wanting to hear about what things are offered IN Niagra -simulated rides -movies to give you the effect of going over the falls? I thought the IMax theater does this, but was told that is just a Movie, the chairs do not move. ANd was told about a ride called "Ride the Niagra" on Clifton Hill but wasnt sure if it was still in operation?

I want to take my 8 year old son on one of these, do you think it is too scary? I found a link about the Ripley's theater and it gave NO mention of prices other than less than $25 a person. Has anyone went on ANY of Niagra's Simulated Rides, what are they like, would you recommend them for Kids, and what are the prices, hours, anything you could share with me. I am really looking forward to one of these . And is the IMax theater even worth it, I heard the movie is like 19 years old ? Also - any good place to get coupons or special rates for these things. Thanks !

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ripley's Moving Theater and/or "Ride on the Niagra...

you can find the coupons anywhere you go there just out by the storefronts. once you get to clifton hill youll be able to decide if the rides are ok for the kids or not. a lot of the attractions on clifton hill as youll see are mostly the same thing. hope i helped.

Level Contributor
384 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ripley's Moving Theater and/or "Ride on the Niagra...

I've been on the Riply's it isn't really a movie but is like riding a rollar coaster. The Imax movie is about dare devils who have gone over the falls. Isn't really interesting for kids. The skylon has a 3-D but the seats don't move. You were priates. All hotels have cupons to save a dollar or two per ride,

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ripley's Moving Theater and/or "Ride on the Niagra...

It sounds like they are still showing the same movie at the Imax since the time I was there almost 10 years ago! The movie is about daring people who went over the falls in a barrel. It was very loud and probably wouldn't interest your son. I think it is about time to show a different movie! Most Imax theaters change movies several times a year! I am not real familiar with the simulated rides, so I am afraid that I can't help you there.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ripley's Moving Theater and/or "Ride on the Niagra...

Actually the Imax theatre not only shows the old Daredevil movie, it has whale, dolphin & something else too. Four different movies. =)

The simulated ride in the Great Canadian Midway is FAB. I loved it sooo so much, but it might be a little much for a super youngin' - its about a scary rollercoaster ride (unless they changed it) And Ripleys is really great too, probably better for the kids because its not like made to be scary, its just like going on a rollercoast or a really screwed up toboggin ride

PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ripley's Moving Theater and/or "Ride on the Niagra...

Sounds like the Ripley's ride is what I am looking for then, it gives you the sensation of going over the falls and IS a Simulated ride? About how much does this cost, and is there a long wait to get on this ride, like would I need to get tickets in advance? And how long is the movie/ride?? Thanks for all your replies!

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ripley's Moving Theater and/or "Ride on the Niagra...

I live in Niagara and here's some advice for you. The Ripley's moving theatre is a simulated movie theatre. It shows 2 movies. I called for the you and here's the deal. There are two movies playing they are 'The Warrior of the Dawn' and 'The Extreme Log Ride.' The cost is $12.95 for adults and less for children. This is for both movies. They show for a combined length of only 15 minutes. The other movie you are talking about is called Ride Niagara. To be honest with you, I think it is quite cheesy. I really don't know if it's still around because I couildn't find a phone number for you to call. If it is still around don't waste your money on it. The Imax is you best bet. The theatre shows a few different movies but I personally enjoy the one called 'Niagara, Miracles, Mythes nd Magic.' Yes, it has been showing for a long time, but that's because people really like itl I personally don't care for The moving theatre, but your son will. All kids do. See the Imax because I think you will all enjoy it and make sure you take in the Daredevil Adventure which is included in the price it has many neat things on display like real barrels that have gone over the falls. The cost is $12 for adults and $8.50 for kids. Keep in mind that in Niagara Falls there is a coupon for just about everything so just keep on the lookout for them

PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ripley's Moving Theater and/or "Ride on the Niagra...

thank you for that info, just what I needed, I plan to do both!