We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Max 8hour drive from Mississauga-Ontario to Anywhere cool :-

Which Mississauga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Max 8hour drive from Mississauga-Ontario to Anywhere cool :-

Hi All,

It's been a while since my last visit here. I was looking forward to some great advise/help to plan another trip I would be making with the famil, so please feel free to suggest, thanks.My details are listed below.

* Start 20th May 2011 (Morning)

* Return 23rd May 2011 (Evening)

* 2 couples (Mid 30's)

* 2 kids ( 1.5yr and 3yrs)

* Will be driving in one car

* Prefer to keep drive time below 8hours.

******* Don't mind driving into the US too****

* Would be nice if its a beachy destination among other things to do in the surronding*

* Not looking for hectic, yet fun and enough to enjoy the trip*

Please let me know if you'll need any further info..

I have done Ottawa- Quebec- Barrie-Toby Morey...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Max 8hour drive from Mississauga-Ontario to Anywhere cool :-

Hi Brownie75,

Welcome to the MISSISSAUGA TRAVEL FORUM.

Well with a limit of 8 Hours Driving Time… and a desire for a Beachy Destination, I can tell you that you’ll most likely be concentrating on the Great Lakes… as the Atlantic Ocean is somewhere in the 9 to 11 Hours Driving Time* from Mississauga.

*NOTE – Driving Time is just that… time spent driving. It doesn’t account for Stops, Breaks or Sightseeing, nor for Delays caused by Border Crossings, Ferry Waits, Traffic Congestion, Road Construction or Weather Conditions. It is estimated using GOOGLE MAPS for the shortest most direct route (unless otherwise noted) and driving under ideal conditions at the posted speed limits.

And as for “beachy”… late May isn’t swimming weather as of yet (so you’ll have to bear that in mind… lake, river, ocean water is just too cold… and even if we get a heat wave going into the water too soon in the season when the water has warmed up sufficiently can promote a serious cramp… many a swimmer’s family have faced such tragedies… so something to think about). That said, one can certainly enjoy a beachy destination for the other pursuits available.

At this point in time… I suggest that you post this Question at a broader level… so that more Local Advisors and DEs will see it… such as in the following FORUMS… ONTARIOQUEBEC – NEW YORK STATE – PENNSYLVANIAOHIO – and MICHIGAN as here sitting lonely on the MISSISSAUGA FORUM it probably won’t stir a lot of interest.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Max 8hour drive from Mississauga-Ontario to Anywhere cool :-

Thanks Wine-4-2,

Funny you should mention :-) I already did post (that too on the same day as my first post) on those US forums. Anyways, is there any GREAT deals to any US destinations (Touristee ones) with ALL INCLUSIVE??? we wouldn't mind if the price is right, say 700-1000$ per family? Please let me know if you have spotted any. THANK YOU.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Max 8hour drive from Mississauga-Ontario to Anywhere cool :-

For a long weekend, travel time might outweigh the benefits of going too far, but have a look here for deals:

http://www.travelzoo.ca/

4. Re: Max 8hour drive from Mississauga-Ontario to Anywhere cool :-

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 23, 2013