We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotle Metro, London, ON

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotle Metro, London, ON

My mother and sister booked a reservation at this hotle over a year ago to attend the figure skating. After 4 confirmation messages, one week prior to travel the hotel told them that the reservation was not successfully booked. My sister wrote a review on this site recounting her treatment and warning people not to count on this hotel to always honour its reservations and the managers of this site took the review down. They informed my sister that the Forum area is the proper place for her comments. I disagree. If I am thinking about booking a reservation I want all reviews in the review section, even a review like my sisters. Am I wrong? Is this site too accomodating to the hotel industry?

Edited: 12:09 pm, March 11, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotle Metro, London, ON

Yes, I think you are wrong. When I look at hotel reviews, I want reviews from people who have actually stayed there, not people how suffered from a reservation glitch, or decided not to stay for some inconsequential reason.

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotle Metro, London, ON

I appreciate your point of wanting the opinions of people who have stayed in the hotel in deciding whether or not to stay there yourself.. But what if a hotel consistently overbooks and cancels reservations last minute on a regular basis? Wouldn't this be a potentially important factor when deciding where to book?

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotle Metro, London, ON

<<consistently overbooks and cancels reservations last minute on a regular basis? >>

I don`t believe that happens. No decent hotel could stay in business with those kind of business practices.

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotle Metro, London, ON

I completely agree, however, the reason they wouldn't be able to stay in business is due to sites like this one where people can let others know about their experience. It is precisely for this reason that I feel the experince that happened to my family should be on the review page.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotle Metro, London, ON

No I believe it should be in the hotel review. Booking and check in is part of your hotel stay. If the hotel cancels reversions cause they know they can get more $ for the room, that is big in my thinking. What else does the hotel do that the major chain hotels will be unlikely to do ?

I have stayed at some major chain hotels--even during special events, like NYE and the hotel did not let me down. I got a room at a Hilton garden hotel in downtown Toronto for half the reward points cause they were having a special deal going and I book 3 months ahead of time, got the room for only 17,500 points and I then noticed as New Years Day was getting closer, rates were jumping in price. I got a room they were asking $250 for just 17,500 points..a great deal and Hilton stood behind the deal and did not let me down--even thou the hotel was sold out by the time I check in.

This Metro hotel is in the heart of downtown London and just figures they can ask what ever they please for the rooms and do not care about guest that locked in a better rate. It should be in the hotel review.

One good thing is the London forum is not too active, so this thread will not get lost in the back pages in a few days. Thanks for posting this again and my advice is to stay with the major hotel chains. Least then you can alway contact the company headquarters and let them know if a problem comes up.

Edited: 5:32 pm, March 11, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,942 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotle Metro, London, ON

When I'm considering booking a hotel, I check the hotel reviews....I would want to know that someone had a negative experience with the hotel reservation system, and what the hotel did/did not do to rectify the situation...I consider this to be customer service, therefore I would want to see this information in the hotel review section........I may very well miss it if it was posted on the forum.......I agree with stillsmoking in post #5 when he says "booking and check in are part of your hotel stay", even if, as in this case, you did not get to stay.............

Edited: 8:46 pm, March 11, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotle Metro, London, ON

Well put eden7....the whole experience or lack of it is important...

Canada
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotle Metro, London, ON

The Metro is entirely booked for the skating by SKATE CANADA for their staff and VIPS.

Guess their money is worth more than yours.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,133 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotle Metro, London, ON

Well ... given that SKATE CANADA receives funding from the federal government, I'd say their money is probably ours...

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotle Metro, London, ON

touche phpr