We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for a hockey team

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for a hockey team

Hi All,

We are visiting your city in the middle of November for the Tim Hickman tournament. I am trying to find a decent place to take the whole team. (the boys are 11 plus parents and some siblings)

Obviously we are a big group so the places may be limited. We have done the Palasad in the past looking for something different.

We will be staying at the Downtown Hilton. and the games are at the Western Fair complex.

Can anyone suggest anything.

I have been thinking maybe Joe Kool's

Thanks for your help

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for a hockey team

Joe Kools, The Ceeps (although a bit more bar atmosphere), Tiger Jacks, Jack Astors - a few options.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for a hockey team

A couple of other places you could consider: T J. Baxter's, the Wortley Roadhouse.

Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for a hockey team

Thanks for the input.

Since our games are finishing a little late the parents are hoping to find some sort of buffet. (faster process than ordering )

Are there any in town other than the Mandarin?

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for a hockey team

Yes, Manchuria Gardens is out across from White Oaks mall. I, in fact, like it better than the Mandarin and it is cheaper. If you want to stay in the downtown area, there is also one on Talbot, at the corner of York, called Harmony House. It's large, mostly Chinese, but they also have quite a bit of other food as well.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,267 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for a hockey team

Here are some ideas...

Mandarin

Chinese, Canadian, Buffet 387 Wellington Rd

Mongolian Grill

International, Buffet 645 Richmond S

Armouries Grille

Canadian, Buffet, Breakfast/Brunch 325 Dundas st

Manchuria Garden

Chinese, Buffet 1130 Dearness Dr.

Kings Buffet

Chinese, Canadian, Buffet 1389 Dundas Street

Harmony Grand Buffet

Chinese, Italian, Buffet 304 Talbot St.

Blu Rice Asian Cuisine

Japanese, Sushi , Buffet 109 Fanshawe Pk Rd

Edited: 6:40 pm, November 03, 2011
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for a hockey team

Hey Caribbean, nice to see you here on the London forum.

As far as the Delta Armouries, I think they have a Sunday brunch buffet and a Prime Rib Buffet only on Fridays and Saturdays - at least that's the last that I have heard.

Also, I didn't think that the Blu Rice was a buffet. Is it?

Vinnylep, if you have a big crowd, and you're staying downtown, I would consider the Harmony House or, as Caribbean has it with the proper title, Harmony Grand Buffet.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant for a hockey team

if your games finish late, then I would not recommend Joe Kools especially if it's a Fri,Sat as it gets really busy with the bar crowd, so for downtown I would say Jack Astors which just opened up a new one on Richmond St (the old TJ Baxters).... for buffet then I suggest Harmony. Nothing wrong with Manchurian but if you're staying downtown it's basically the same type buffet and a little more variety.

Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant for a hockey team

thanks for your help guys

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,542 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant for a hockey team

not a buffet, but I would also suggest looking at McGinnis Landing on Wonderland Rd. They have a "private" area for groups, not sure how many the room holds, but you can order in advance and let them know what time you want the food to arrive at the table. Also, parking is no problem.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant for a hockey team

Just a mention about Harmony Buffet. I recently went there (Oct) and I believe it has changed ownership. It used to rival Mandarin but has a very poor selection of foods now. They had fruit flies buzzing all over the desserts and they didn't even take the time to remove plastic wrap on those trays. It does have the space for a large group but you could do better.

Also, The Ceeps is not a place I'd take children to, especially on a weekend!