We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Eurostar on Christmas Eve

Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Eurostar on Christmas Eve

We will be flying to London from LAX on frequent flyer miles, arriving Dec. 24 at 1:15 pm. As my husband hates to fly and loves trains, we plan to take the Eurostar to Paris. I was planning on a four hour window. I know every time someone asks how much time to allow to get from Heathrow to St. Pancras, people always suggest flying, since we will already be at an airport. But my husband is very resistant to this suggestion.

My question is, since it will be Christmas Eve, will there likely be greater difficulties getting to St. Pancras than otherwise? Are we nuts to try to get across London to the Eurostar on Christmas Eve?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
77,468 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to Eurostar on Christmas Eve

Hi CaliforniaPearl;

This forum is about the City of London, CANADA.

The London ENGLAND forum is here on TA;

Best Regards

Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to Eurostar on Christmas Eve

Reposted this on the correct London forum. Can't figure out how to delete this off the London, Ontario forum.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow to Eurostar on Christmas Eve

Hi CaliforniaPearl,

And I see you are fairly NEW to the TA FORUMS… so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

Lol, don`t fret too much about your mis-post… happens often enough (lol, Canada having a lot of cities or places that have identical names to places in the UK and Europe... including a Paris as well... infact it isn't too far from London).

To DELETE / REMOVE any post that you`ve made in error…

Click on the words REPORT INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT… that appear within the framework where you posted your Question… then on the Drop Down Menu, choose REMOVE MY POST.

TripAdvisor will DELETE it almost immediately.

In the case of a topic that you`ve started like this one… the whole topic will disappear entirely the next time that TA does a Database Backup. Lol, no one will ever know you spent time in Ontario enroute to England.

;-) *wink*

4. Re: Heathrow to Eurostar on Christmas Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 05, 2012
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor