We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

qualty suites dearness drive

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Topic
qualty suites dearness drive

HI we are staying at the quality suites on dearness drive for a few nights in sept and was wondering if anyone had any info on the following please

1 quality of the hotel

2 location good or bad ?

3 is it walking distance to the shopping mall, bars and good value restaurants

4 is public transport available to the city from near by

Thanks in advance for any information can be from people who have stayed or from locals either would be of great use.

leeds
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: qualty suites dearness drive

Getting close to the trip now and really looking forward to it have had some great assisatance from people on here so have a good idea what im doing now lolol

Hotel sounds great we rang to ask a couple of questions and the reception/booking area were very polite and extremely helpful so thats a good start . White oaks mall seems to have a fair bit in it and the pubs restaurants in the near vicinity look good and we have a few day half day trips planned as well

Thanks to all for any assistance given most appreciated

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: qualty suites dearness drive

Hope you have a great visit to Canada! Check back and let us know how everything went when you have time...... :~)

Port Dover, Canada
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: qualty suites dearness drive

We stayed there a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was fine.

Quiet, clean and very up to date.

I'd stay there again.

Yes it's close to lots of restaurants and shopping.

Avoid the Golden Griddle on Wellington Rd. Overpriced and a rockey table that the hostess tried to fix with a napkin.

It became a joke.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: qualty suites dearness drive

Harmony is a great buffet, it's right downtown across from the bus station. Probably my favorite buffet. They offer lots! Italian, Chinese, Canadian, Seafood! Build your own Pasta's is great! The other buffets dont offer that.

Quality Suites on Dearness has a buffet right next to it called Manchurian Gardens, it's also really good, and cheap for lunch.

Anoter chinese buffet that also offers seafood like shrimp, mussels etc.

Further down Wellington is the Mandarin Buffet, another great one, a little more pricey than the other two. They have a great Sushi bar too.

between the 3 of them, I would say Harmony and Mandarin offers the most, tons of food but they both can get extremely busy during peak hours and you may have to wait or at least make reservations. Manchurian (right next to you) u can just walk in, and for the price I think it's a good deal. If you dont want to drive far, go there, it's very close to you and walking distance, right next door. You said you're there a few nights, well maybe check out a few...

They all range from $17 for dinner buffet (Manchurian) where as Harmony and Mandarin is around $21-22.

I think Manchurian is only $9.99 for lunch, and it's basically the same buffet as dinner, maybe minus crab legs.

To get downtown by bus, you would just walk across the street to the Mall (not even 2 minute walk) and catch the 13 Wellington Rd bus... goes right downtown. Mon-Sat starts at 5:55am and runs til about 12:00am. fare is $2.50 for adults, $1.25 kids.

bars within walking distance to you... Jack Astors and Boston Pizza, Tony Roma's are about 1 minute from you, if that... theres Applebees in White Oaks Mall across the street (and a food court).. further down is Moxies, really nice restaurant.... and fast food in the area is Subway, Burger King, Arbys, Dairy Queen, Wendys, Dandys, a Williams Coffee Shop, all within 10 minute walking distance. The Liquor and Beer Store is also within 5 minutes, as well as an 8 theatre Movie Cineplex.

Another mall down the street has an Old Navy, Petsmart, Garage and a bunch of other clothing stores....

Any more questions, feel free to ask....

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: qualty suites dearness drive

Oh, theres also a Best Buy right next to ya.... The Keg Steakhouse and Timbers Steakhouse are also just down the road.

leeds
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: qualty suites dearness drive

Hi all,

Just thought i would give you some feedback now that ive had my holiday and returned to the uk.

The quality suites were indeed quality we had a 2 room suite with a double sofa bed in the lounge area (that was the only slightly down side as the bed was a tad uncofortable but you could still sleep ok,

the room itself was of a good size and spotlessley clean and was looked after well by the housekeeping staff.It was of a good size the room and had a fridge which you could put in your own food/drink which was very handy .The breakfast was included in the room price and whilst it was only continental (bagesls toast cereals coffee tea fruit juice boiled egss etc was ample to start off the day

The location was exceptional as it it literally a five min walk over wellington rd to the white oaks mall which was very good and very close as you guys had said to many good restaurants,we tried montanas and swiss chalet which we enjoyed but the fav one was jack astors bar and grill big rap to this place the staff very good and the food great i had kung po chicken which was fabulous and we also had the apple pie for dessert which you have to order same time as you order your entree as it is cooked individually and comes out warm really this is to die for lolol

Had plenty of good day trips to port stanley stratford st thomas and a few others and did the brewery tour which was great value and very interesting

Think thats about it many thanks for the assistance given beforehand it proved invaluable and look forward to coming back to london in the near future,canadians really are great people they make you very welcome

Port Dover, Canada
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: qualty suites dearness drive

I hope you realize that theres more to Ontario than just London,On.

Feel free to ask about other areas of this great part of the world.

This forum is the greatest though for getting real life experiances for traveling, thats for sure

18. Re: qualty suites dearness drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 10, 2009