We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Steakhouse in London?

Racine, WI
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Best Steakhouse in London?

Hi folks! I'm going to be in London in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of a fabulous steakhouse.

You know the kind - deep, comfy chairs, quiet atmosphere, and the most mouth-watering steaks around. I really don't like chain restaurants (e.g. The Keg) as their quality doesn't usually impress.

Thanks!

Sarah

Racine, WI
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Steakhouse in London?

Oh, and price is not a concern, I'm willing to pay well for a great chunk of charred animal flesh. ;-D

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Steakhouse in London?

I agree with you, I dont really like The Keg....

Try "Timber's Chop House Restaurant", it's attached to the Radisson Hotel on Wellington Road.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Steakhouse in London?

Hi there,

Have you looked at this thread?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154995-i1084-k572…

Any of the better restaurants in London will serve a wonderful steak~ Chancey Smith's comes to mind right away but there are websites for most of the other spots mentioned.

http://www.chanceysmiths.com/

Racine, WI
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Steakhouse in London?

Thanks for the info, I did look at Chancey Smith's, and it looks promising. I also found a Michael's on the Thames that looks like they might serve a good steak. Has anyone been there?

I will take a look at that link, thanks!

Arashi

Racine, WI
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Steakhouse in London?

Oh, Timber's, right! I'll check that one out too, thanks!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Steakhouse in London?

Michael's on the Thames is very nice. Though I haven't been in awhile, I know friends have had lovely celebrations there.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Steakhouse in London?

At Michaels on the Thames you can order a nice Steak Diane, or Pepper Steak or Chateaubriand. Excellent service and food.

They will cook it at your table too. Fantastic romantic atmonphere very nice. Start with either the tableside ceasar salad or the french onion soup - yummy...

Great choice of wines there also.

Leave room for dessert!!! Strawberry , cherries or banada/peach flambees not to be missed...

Steak Diane

Tenderloin of beef, cooked to your preference, with shallots, mushrooms, red wine and flambéed with brandy and fresh cream

Chateaubriand "Bouquetiere" (For Two)

Canadian beef tenderloin, served in the grand traditional manner, enhanced with a medley of fresh vegetables and Béarnaise sauce

(for two)

Pepper Steak "Dorchester"

A sirloin steak sautéed with four varieties of peppercorns flamed with brandy, demi-glace & finished with fresh cream

Racine, WI
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Steakhouse in London?

Great, that sounds like my kind of place. I'll let you know how it worked out!

9. Re: Best Steakhouse in London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:45 am, December 27, 2008
10. Re: Best Steakhouse in London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:43 am, December 27, 2008