We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Syracuse for Black Friday 2012

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Syracuse for Black Friday 2012

I am wondering when would be the best time to cross the border from Kingston, ON (Canada) into the USA to shop on Black Friday - this November 23rd, 2012. I am trying to avoid long lineups at the border. Should we cross on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning?

I would appreciate any input! Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,212 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Syracuse for Black Friday 2012

All depends on where you want to shop and what time they are open and if their deals are worth being there when they first open....

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,219 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Syracuse for Black Friday 2012

Personally I'd cross Thursday afternoon. However it may also depend on how easy it will be to get a hotel room in Syracuse on Thanksgiving weekend.

Athens, Ontario
Level Contributor
555 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Syracuse for Black Friday 2012

Not sure about Black Friday weekend, but if you are coming from Ottawa, I have had shorter wait times crossing the border at Prescott compared to the 1000 Islands.

ottawa
Level Contributor
216 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Syracuse for Black Friday 2012

I'm leaving from Ottawa around 5 pm on Friday...sales go all weekend so for what we're shopping for, don't think we'll miss out on traffic or sales...happy shopping!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,212 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Syracuse for Black Friday 2012

You'll just miss out on the "deal crashers", but there will still be plenty of crazy deals no doubt...

Syracuse, New York...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Syracuse for Black Friday 2012

Hi! I am looking to do a news story for my broadcasting class about Black Friday in Syracuse. Since you all are looking to travel or have made the trip, I am hoping you'd be willing to talk about your experiences with me. Please reply or email me (pmkilgan@syr.edu) as soon as possible. I look forward to speaking with you! Thanks, Trish

7. Re: Going to Syracuse for Black Friday 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, November 13, 2012
8. Re: Going to Syracuse for Black Friday 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 14, 2013