We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wolf Island Ferry Bus

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
2 posts
Save Topic
Wolf Island Ferry Bus

I am going to a wedding in the US and have to travel to Kingston by train in August and I have to go on the Wolf Island Ferry to meet someone who will pick me up. Does anyone know if there is a bus that will take you from the train station to the Ferry depot?

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wolf Island Ferry Bus

cityofkingston.ca/residents/…index.asp

Looks like Route C to the Kingston Centre and then Route 12 will do the trick (Central region).

You may be just as far ahead to call a taxi. It's about a 10-15 minute drive (6.6 km according to Google Maps).

limestonecity.com/lc/…taxi.html

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wolf Island Ferry Bus

Hi c e boyd1,

The train station in Kingston is up by the 401 (about 7 Kms from the Wolfe Island Ferry Terminal which is Downtown along the waterfront). Although, I suppose you could certainly take a city bus, a taxi will probably be the most convenient... if I recall correctly there are cabs at the train station whenever a Via run arrives... ride downtown will be about 10 minutes.

The ferry runs about once an hour, here is their Website with the Schedule: http://www.wolfeisland.com/ferry.php

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Toronto
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wolf Island Ferry Bus

Thank you so much for your answers! This is very helpful.Thanks again.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wolf Island Ferry Bus

Hi C E Boyd1,

You are very welcome!

Hopefully the Via Rail Strike (that began today) will be resolved quickly... keep watching the KINGSTON / ONTARIO FORUMS for more info.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

5. Re: Wolf Island Ferry Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 21, 2010