We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with restraurants and transportation in Kingston

Galesburg,MI
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help with restraurants and transportation in Kingston

My husband and I are spending 2 nights and 1 full day in Kingston on our way home from 10 days in Montreal and Quebec City. We will be arriving at VIA train station from Quebec at about 2:30. Does anyone know if it's too difficult to take a bus into Kingston to our hotel(we are staying at the Radisson). Any suggestions for dinner or something to do that Friday night? On Sat. I'm hoping to take a bus out to Fort Henry and pretty much spend the day. I read that there is a Antique show that weekend. Also need suggestions for dinner that night close to the hotel? Any help is appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
Galesburg,MI
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with restraurants and transportation in Kingston

I apologise for not reading the info on the previous post on restraurants. I'm getting foggy planning this trip and am on overload with all the details. Still need info on transportation. Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with restraurants and transportation in Kingston

You'll want to take a taxi from the Via Rail station to Radisson. It's 6.6kms. Taxis line up to pickup passengers.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with restraurants and transportation in Kingston

Yeah, spring for a cab. Public transit in K-town is not particularly convenient, if I recall (I moved away eight years ago, having lived there for 22).

If you're interested in something a little out of the ordinary, I'd suggest a dinner cruise in the 1000 Islands. www.1000islandscruises.on.ca/dining-cruises

I've done the sunset cruise a couple of times and it was quite enjoyable. There was even live music.

The cruise departs two blocks from the Radisson at the foot of Brock St.

4. Re: Help with restraurants and transportation in Kingston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 10, 2009