We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suites hotel reccomendation please

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Topic
suites hotel reccomendation please

We are thinking of staying 3 nights in kingston towards the end of may

Are there any good centrally located hotels that have 2 room or 2 bedroom suites,the 2 room suite having a sofa bed and 2 bedroom has as it says

Having a bar restaurant in the hotel would also be advantageous but not totally neccesary

Many thanks in advance for assistance

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suites hotel reccomendation please

My partner had to stay at the Sheraton 4 points downtown for business. It was a one bedroom suite with a sofa bed in the living room. I'm not sure if they have 2 bedroom suites, but I doubt it. Hotel, amenities and location are all good, but the prices are also quite high. Not sure if there's anywhere else with suites. Good luck!

leeds
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: suites hotel reccomendation please

Hi thanks for that info do you or anyone else know if the hotels a bit out of town have bar restaurant facilities and if so which are the best hotels

I realise we may have to get 2 rooms at these but i guess the rates may be cheaper

Also if these hotels are good is there shopping etc near them

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suites hotel reccomendation please

There are quite a few hotels out in the outer Princess Street area - there are several that have a bar/restaurant area or are right next door to one - travelodge, best western fireside, peachtree, ambassador. There's also quite a few other smaller independent motels where you can get a great rate, and since these are all within a mile or so of each other you can just drive for restaurants (or cross the street), or cab it for bars. It really depends on what is most important to you, and what your budget is. Have a look at some of the hotels and reviews on here, and when you narrow it down to a few I can try to give you some information about what restaurants/bars are close, and how close they are.

There is a lot of shopping out in this area of town - the largest mall in town, and the power centre (big box stores with parking directly in front).

If you're going to have a car, I would suggest this is the best area to stay - there's lots of shopping and restaurants, and you can be downtown in 10-15 minutes. The character of the downtown area is missing, but it's more convenient.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,045 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suites hotel reccomendation please

Hello.

You might want to check on the Radisson. They do have suites at the hotel, and it is in a good location. I have not personally stayed at the hotel, but I have been in the one of their suites where friends were staying and it was a huge space. They liked it well enough and always stayed there when they were in town.

http://www.radisson.com/hotels/onkingst/rooms

I have stayed at the Sheraton 4 Points in Kingston several times, and they do have a few suites. One that we stayed in consisted of a bedroom and a livingroom with a pull out sofa. It was nice enough, although much smaller than the Radisson suites. I am not certain if either is what you are looking for, but it wouldn't hurt to check on them. I liked the 4 Points as it was in a great location and it was handy having a restaurant/bar on site. I should mention though... the front desk service at the 4 Points was a little difficult to work with at times. For example if you wanted an early check in they were very strict on it. I believe the check in time is 3:00 p.m. and even 15 minutes prior to that they wouldn't budge. Just mention it in case it is something that would be important to you.

Do you need any restaurant suggestions? There are quite a few excellent restaurants in Kingston. Let me know if I can help further.

Good luck.

5. Re: suites hotel reccomendation please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, September 25, 2009