We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kingston on March 23rd for the day

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
216 posts
353 reviews
Save Topic
kingston on March 23rd for the day

Other than the Fort, what on earth can I do to keep myself and my 13 year old daughter occupied. HELP! We are only there for about 5 hours in the afternoon. Never been there and the internet is singularily unhelpful!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,078 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kingston on March 23rd for the day

Hi;

Other than Fort Henry, there isn’t all that much to do in Kingston in the winter.

Best Regards

Kingston
Level Contributor
476 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kingston on March 23rd for the day

Unfortunately, it's too late to help out now, but I firmly disagree that there is nothing to do in Kingston in the winter!

There is a free, outdoor skating rink right downtown in Market Square.

The Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area has skating, cross-country skiing, and at this time of year a sugar bush tour/maple syrup tour.

Lemoine's Point conservation area offers easy walking/hiking with trails cleared all winter.

There are museums--the Pump House museum focuses on shipping and boats. There is the fascinating Prison Museum (which is free). There is a communications museum at CFB which is quite interesting...the list goes on.

3. Re: kingston on March 23rd for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 21, 2009