We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuising on the St. Lawrence River

ontario
3 posts
Save Topic
Cuising on the St. Lawrence River

My wife and I have booked a cruise from Kingston to Ottawa on the Canadian Empress in September of 07. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has taken this cruise.

Mentioned in this post
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuising on the St. Lawrence River

We are considering this cruise. Did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it? Any info would be be appreciated.

kingston
Level Contributor
25 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuising on the St. Lawrence River

I have been on the actual boat for short trips in the Kingston area. It is an intimate setting with a very small amount of passengers, which is necessary to pass through the islands. The decor is meant to be historical victorian and the staff are numerous and sweet (it is a locally owned operation). The empress is certainly different from the super size cruise ships of the caribbean. The setting is more simple, yet with terrific access to the small ports along the river. I believe there is an educational component to the stops if you wish (lot's of historial significance along the river). Of course there is a bar and a dancefloor after dinner too. I loved the upper deck on sunny days. I think September is a great choice.

As for the specific trip you are on, I am not very useful on the ports east/north of Rockport.

Mentioned in this post
Rockport
Rockport
Ontario, Canada
3. Re: Cuising on the St. Lawrence River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 22, 2009