We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurants

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Good Restaurants

We are going to Kingston for 10 days and would like some ideas of good places to eat. We may splurge once or twice on a high end restaurant, but also would like some suggestions on places for breakfast and lunch. And although I love french fries occassionally, I can't eat fried pub-type food for 10 days straight. Any tips for good places for soup/sandwiches/salads for lunch and fruit/yoghurt/oatmeal breakfasts? We will be at the Ambassador Conference resort but will go downtown for meals if necessary.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurants

My favourite place in Kingston is the Sleepless Goat, a vegetarian cafe and restaurant on Princess St. Great sandwiches, salads, etc. Healthy and tasty. www.thesleeplessgoat.ca

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurants

Chez Piggy is also a good restaurant in a wonderful old building.

http://www.chezpiggy.com/

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurants

For breakfast Cora's (near the Cataraqui town centre) is nice, but a bit expensive. There are several grocery stores near the Ambassador, and I would also suggest picking up some fruit/yogurt the night before and eating in your room.

Curry Original for lunch or dinner is good. There is one downtown on Ontario Street or closer to you at the Ambassador there is one on Princess just before Bayridge. In the same strip mall is a great inexpensive Thai place called Siem Riep. Pan Chancho downtown (on Princess between King and Ontario) has great stuff especially for take out, but is a bit pricey (if you go try the balsamic mushrooms!).

Hope this helps, and enjoy your time here.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurants

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Canadian in Moscow
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Restaurants

The Kingston Brew Pub is good for a pint and good pub food. Their chicken wings are incredible.

Morrison's is great for a cheap, greasy spoon type breakfast.

I was at Mino's, the Greek restaurant, last year and thought that its quality had suffered. IMHO.

There is a great Indian Restaurant on Princess St. about 1 km up on the right hand side, however, I can't remember the name. I think it is called The Curry Village.

The Pilot House has great fish and chips.

The General Wolfe on Wolfe Island is quite good. They time their sittings to the ferry schedule. If the weather is nice, it is very pleasant to walk onto the ferry, have your meal on the island and then take the ferry back.

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Restaurants

Hello.

The Chien Noir is a nice, classy restaurant with good food that may interest you. If you like pizza I have found Atomica is about the best place for great pizza in KIngston.

ALso I just posted this (link below) earlier today regarding restaurants in Kingston if you wish to read it.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154992-i1060-k131…

World
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Restaurants

the Aquaterra Restoarant by Clark in the Radisson on the harbour is quietly elegant and has a good ktichen. We were pleased

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Restaurants

Hmmm....so many to choose from

Lone Star (mexican) - Ontario St

Woodenheads (nice atmosphere yummy pizza) - Ontario St

Tango (yummy apps and martinis) - downtown...clost to Ontario St?

Greccos (Princess St - Greek food...fiance LOVES the lamb there)

Amadaus (Princess St - BEST german food...)

soooo many!

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Restaurants

Morrisons for breaky, and Minos for dinner(Greek) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm or splurge and go across to Wolfe Island and eat at the Hotel. REALLY nice!!

I could go on, cause there are so many, but these are the top favs,

cheers,

Kingston
Level Contributor
478 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Restaurants

Windmills is also good for healthy lunches.