We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Megabus Bus Kingston to Toronto

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Megabus Bus Kingston to Toronto

On August 8, 2017, at 06:35 PM hours, I had a reserved seat 62, lower deck, with a table, for Megabus DOBLE Decker bus, from Kingston, ON, to Toronto, ON (route Toronto-Montreal-Toronto via Kingston, ON).

I paid extra $3.00 to reserve the seat with the table in the DOUBLE decker Megabus bus at that date and that destination!

However, I was shocked and upset when the Megabus replaced the DOUBLE decker bus, with my reserved seat, with two single decker Coach Canada buses (Megabus and Coach Canada are the same company).

As result, I wasted $3.00 for reservation of a seat in the DOUBLE Decker bus.

After complaining, which took me a lot of time to find the customer service contact information and visiting the Megabus ticket office in Toronto, I have received neither refund of $3.00, nor any apology from the bus company!

The Megabus does it very often, without any prior notification, replacing the DOUBLE DECKER BUS with SINGLE DECKER buses of Coach Canada!

Unfortunately, there is no bus option to Kingston, ON. The Greyhound does not have bus service to Kingston, ON. If the Greyhound goes to Kingston, ON, your bus ticket would cost you like $500.

There is only train connection between Toronto and Kingston, ON by the Via Rail Canada if you are lucky to buy a ticket because most tickets are sold very fast for the train Toronto-Montreal or Toronto-Ottawa.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Megabus Bus Kingston to Toronto

Read the fine print. Pretty sure there's something in there about equipment substitution being possible.

Corridor trains rarely sell out, so I'm not sure what you mean.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,169 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Megabus Bus Kingston to Toronto

Probably means the cheap, cheap Escape fares sell out... certainly the train rarely sells out...

3. Re: Megabus Bus Kingston to Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 18, 2018