We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near Hess village reccommended

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near Hess village reccommended

I will be in Hamilton for the outdoor game in January and plan to book a hotel in/near Hess village, as I plan on enjoying the various bars/pubs in the area. Are there any hotels you would recommend? Also, any pubs/sports bars worth visiting with a decent beer selection? Thanks all!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,340 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near Hess village reccommended

Try the Sheraton Hamilton. It's about 2 blocks from Hess Village and is probably the nicest hotel in Hamilton.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near Hess village reccommended

I would also suggest checking out the pubs on Augusta Street. It is a small street with old houses that have been turned into pubs with patios out front. Great live music and food.

Augusta Street is downtown, and any taxi driver would be able to take you there. There are about 6 different pubs...

Have fun!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
986 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near Hess village reccommended

hi there - yup the Sheraton gets my vote also - and there is a small pub downtown called Chesters - they specialize in Beers of the World and make a great French onion soup to warm you on a chilly winters day. it is also about 2 blocks from the sheraton. hess village is over-run with the younger crowd now and some of the bars don't even open till the evening - the Lazy flamingo, gown and Gavel, Ceilidgh house and G on george are your best choices. Augusta street in amazing, the out and about, Pheasant plucker - careful how you say that after a few cold ones and the cat and Fiddle are great - all with good food.

have fun !!!

4. Re: hotels near Hess village reccommended

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, December 23, 2012