We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know anything about Crystal Beach

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know anything about Crystal Beach

Hi everyone

I am a Canadian living the in UK and want to take my young family (18 months and 4 years) to the shores of Lake Erie for a week. I used to go to Turkey Point every summer when I was a teenager, but the cottages there all look a bit sad and tired. In my research I came across Crystal Beach as a potential destination as there is lots of lovely places to stay. I have never been there before, so I was wondering if the beach is nice, are there nice places to eat, what else is close by, is it suitable for young kids... Anything else I should know?

Thanks, Julie

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know anything about Crystal Beach

Crystal Beach was a very popular resort from the late 1800's up to the 1980's. Along with the beach, the Crystal Beach Amusement Park was the major draw as it was the only such park for many miles in both Ontario and New York. As bigger and more modern parks sprang up, Crystal Beach could no longer compete, and eventually closed in 1989. The park grounds are now a condo community.

The village of Crystal Beach (and adjacent Ridgeway) are now really just residential communities, without any tourist facilities. There are a few restaurants and Ridgeway has some nice shops, but not a lot for the kids other than the beach. The places that are for rent are more than likely in the residential areas and not on the beach.

A couple of other options to consider are: Sherkston Shores, which is a trailer resort with beach, pools, water slides, restaurants, etc. very close to Crystal Beach (www.sherkston.com), or

Port Dover, which also has a nice beach and tourist facilities. (http://www.portdover.ca/)

I would also suggest that you post your question on the Ontario forum, you will get a better response.

2. Re: Anyone know anything about Crystal Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Crystal Beach
More Crystal Beach Topics