We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming At Crystal Beach, Ont

Potomac, MD
1 post
Save Topic
Swimming At Crystal Beach, Ont

When I was a kid there was abeautiful public beachat Crystal beach. Is there still public access to the beach there? If not what beach in the area is open to the public? Going to be visiting the area and want to take a sentimental journey to the sands of Lake Erie. Thanks for any information on swim sites.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming At Crystal Beach, Ont

it's a craphole & it smells funny.

But we all still swim there ^_^

buffalo
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming At Crystal Beach, Ont

sherkston shores is only minutes away - they have day passes and you can use the pools and water slides - putt putt - skate park ect ect. There is also a beach there - you will enjoy it. the water slides are small - not for the daring at heart

Niagara falls NY
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming At Crystal Beach, Ont

There is still access to the public beach and it's very nice. They keep it very clean. You can still get the best french fries around at the snack shop right on the beach. There is no charge to swim there. Sherkston is very expensive. You can't beat crystal beach.

NJ
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming At Crystal Beach, Ont

I cannot believe there is a post for this! I used to go to Crystal Beach when I was a kid! My stepdads family had cottages that we would stay at and I would have the GREATEST time!

...and to read the post about the french fries brought tears to my eyes! I talk about them and people think I am nuts! What about the cinnamon pops they sold right outside the amusement park?

I would love to visit there again!

HDM
Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming At Crystal Beach, Ont

Wow, I spent every summer at Crystal Beach when I was a kid, too. Some of the best times of my life were there! Some memories:

the beautiful white sand beach and water so clear you could see the sand ripples on the bottom;

the Swing Inn and curly fries;

the Loganberry stand and the loganberry whip;

the amusement park, Laff in the Dark, the Magic Carpet ride, the Flyer, Kiddyland, the merry-go-round, the penny arcade;

miniature golf;

the roller rink;

cinnamon suckers, candy floss, those flower-shaped waffles;

the ferry to Buffalo;

the Lions Club carnival;

Borden's dairy for milkshakes, David Harum sundaes, banana splits;

that spaghetti restaurant (Shiroso's? or something like that) with the sign that had the guy cutting his spaghetti with a scissors;

going to the movie theatre on a rainy day;

teenagers from Buffalo wearing Adler socks;

picking up the mail at the post office.

Wow, thanks for the trip in the Wayback Machine! I'd love to hear some of your memories too.

London
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming At Crystal Beach, Ont

I loved this place too and grew up spending summers there, playing on the beach ALL day then eating the fries from Simmy's snack bar and then begging my parents to let us go AGAIN to the amusement park. I loved it completely and it is great to see other people felt the same. It is nice to go back to see it and spend time on the beach!

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming At Crystal Beach, Ont

Jerk2005, yes you can still ge those great Crystal Beach suckers!!

The Suckers and Waffles can be found at different events around the Niagara Region. Someone has purchased the rights to sell them again and they travel to carnivals and diff events and sell them.

I got suckers and waffles last year at the Rib Fest in Niagara!!!

Oh, the memories, mmmmmmmmm

cheers

8. Re: Swimming At Crystal Beach, Ont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Crystal Beach
More Crystal Beach Topics